• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Some Moderator Info Needed ( Gun Moderator, not forum )

JoeWayneRhea

Apr 5, 2015
Guys I was blessed enough to be given a new Brocock Bantam Sniper HR.25 at Extreme Benchrest this year and I know almost Nothing about PCP moderators.

My rifle has a threaded cap used as a threaded protector on the end of the shroud. Is this a universal size where most any model will work ?

I'm saving up for one at the moment and wanted to do my research ahead of time . I just don't want to buy one and then realize later it won't fit my rifle . 

You PCP guys jump on in here and help an old timer Springer shooter get up to date :) . Lol 

I'm hoping that I won't have to buy like an adapter for a Moderator so it'll look funny .

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Guys I was blessed enough to be given a new Brocock Bantam Sniper HR.25 at Extreme Benchrest this year

Nice score! Should be 1/2-20 as luis said :)

Lots of choices from Donny, Huggett etc. All depends on how big of a pickle you want to see on the end of that Brocock.

Bigger is quieter but bigger is also... Bigger ;)

Matt

Reactions: NMshooter
Thanks Guys , A Donny is what I'm holding out for ....I have had several of his older units and they worked GREAT . The new ones are even more impressive !!! Plus anybody that has ever talked with Donny or been lucky enough to meet him can testify to what a great dude he is !! 

Donny recommended the Sumo so that's the one I'm gonna try and snag here in a week or two . 

It's actually kinda cool starting over with PCPs and getting to see all the new gear out there . Gonna try and test all the stuff I get in for the rifle as I can. Did a Bipod video and gonna make a scope ring video next week . 

Like most everything else in Airguns ...Just having a ball playing with all the stuff :)

I believe that Sumo was Donny's original moderator design and likely remains the most widely used one. It's not small. It's not too large. Big enough to do an excellent job of moderating, but small and light enough to not be, nor look, like too much.

I've used a Tatsu, Shogun, and Huggett Universal on my Bantam Sniper .22. They're all good and effective. Tatsu is short and fat. Shogun is fat AND long. Huggett is sleek and elegant. Not much difference between them all in quieting a .22 cal Bantam Sniper.

I think that from Donny's line up, a Sumo will quiet down that Sniper as well as anything, without being over bearing on it.