Some Good Pesting At The Dairy Today.

I had doubts following issues with my RAW 1000X. They are now gone. I got it back into service and using JSB Redesigned (an absolute must for the RAW) I got it zeroed from 25 to 100yds. My permission has been inundaed with Rock Pigeons. They are as thick as Starling Murmurs. Thye wait until nobody is near and literally totally cover a feed pile. There isn't enough room on the pile so others wait on the roof eve looking down for a chance to jump in. the Rock Pigeons are in addition to Collared Doves, crows, 2 species of Jays, black birds , and the even present hoardes of Starlings. This farmer has gotten, with a shotgun, as many as 20 birds in a day. All are shot on his feed or just taking off after being alerted.
I have tried to get shots in with many different air rifles about 50 yards away from my truck. On the farm the truck is the best blind available. The birds are used to trucks moving around. Today I gave up on the 50 yard shots and moved to 70. I shot a lot of all the aformentioned species from 70, and even 80 yards, when the wind calmed. I misssed a fair amount of shots but it amazed me to hit a Starling 70 yards away sitting on the feed. A little easier for the larger birds. The next step will to be taking them out of the trees up to 90 yards away. They start 140 yards away and gradually move closer and closer until they dive down onto the food.
One thing is certain.. When I am there the farmer loses no feed and there is no feces left on the food for his animals to get sick.
With the RAW I was hitting them at 70 like I was shooting my Dreamline at a much closer target. The farmer was happy! I was pleased! Didn't ask the birds what they thought!

Reactions: L.Leon and ITACUD
The farmer was worroed enough about the lead that he didn't want any shotgun loads flock shooting while the birds were sitting on the feed pile. However, snicker, if you put the shot into the bird with an air rifle it doesn't make it to the food pile. And a lot of the shots are taken as the birds sit on the eve of the roof above the food pile or in the trees waiting to swoop down to an open spot. The trees are thick evergreens and behind the trees is open farm fields so the back drop is safe for a miss...if the pellet ever makes it through all the trees.

The farmer was worroed enough about the lead that he didn't want any shotgun loads flock shooting while the birds were sitting on the feed pile. However, snicker, if you put the shot into the bird with an air rifle it doesn't make it to the food pile. And a lot of the shots are taken as the birds sit on the eve of the roof above the food pile or in the trees waiting to swoop down to an open spot. The trees are thick evergreens and behind the trees is open farm fields so the back drop is safe for a miss...if the pellet ever makes it through all the trees.
Sorry to post here but I tried messaging you on the edgun. Would you mind sending me a PM? Thanks