• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Some cold weather testing.

Okay, had a little fun today. Not my best day for shooting range limited to about 35 yd due to the snow banks in the backyard and I did some snow removal which is a little rough on the hands and arms.

Running the new to me Wildcat Mark 2 70mm. I've added a moderator and a harmonic balancer. The tune on the gun was shooting the FX hybrid 26 grain slugs at 881 feet per second, The NSA 26.8 grain slugs at 855 ft per second, The JSB King Heavies at 805 feet per second, The JSB Kings at 925 ft per second.

This really seemed to tick off my Gen 1 Marauder. She is a heavily modified bottle fed 25 cal. I reduced the regulator pressure by 300 psi to 1900 PSI. She has a totally different personality now. Totally not fussy for pellets or slugs. The NSA 26.8 grain slugs shooting at 877 feet per second, The FX Hybrid 26 grain slugs at 877 ft per second, The JSB King Heavies at 838 ft per second. This tune has a very smooth and quiet shot cycle. I should say also this is just using the stock Green Mountain barrel and Crosman shroud. Super quiet now, and shooting everything to the same point of aim at 35 yds.

Ya I should have checked the Kings in the Marauder, it was all I could take letting cold air in the window.

Both of these guns have an awful lot of potential. I just can't believe the difference the changes on the Marauder made. I'm real excited to get a chance to make it to the indoor 100 yard range and really test these two out.

Jim