• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Some classifieds be like…

A question to any of you who buy/sell on the classified section of AGN, what should one expect to get for a new-in-box, never shot rifle? I have a number of Fx rifles bought during the heady days of Covid, still have only shot one, and I'm considering selling a couple here soon. I know It will depend on the model, etc, but was looking for a general idea for pricing.

Reactions: orangeokie
Yup, seem that. I posted something for 1350 once and I immediately got a message “Will you take 700”
I’ve never been the type of person to inflate.
Anyone who has ever sold anything of value over the internet has faced these low-ball offers. I have always (confidently) thanked the person for their offer but told them I cannot accept. No need to put threats in your ad saying, "no low ball offers entertained!" or "x dollars firm!" That immediately strikes that person's merchandise from my personal consideration.

I've been a member here since 2018 and would like to list some stuff for sale in the member classifieds but there is a message saying I don't have those privileges yet. Is there a number of posts or something else required?
Yes you have to have a minimum of 10 meaningful post. All that kind of info is in the rules page here on the forum l.

A question to any of you who buy/sell on the classified section of AGN, what should one expect to get for a new-in-box, never shot rifle? I have a number of Fx rifles bought during the heady days of Covid, still have only shot one, and I'm considering selling a couple here soon. I know It will depend on the model, etc, but was looking for a general idea for pricing.
You just need to throw it up on the classifieds at a price with which you are satisfied and see what the market will bear.

So am I the only person that sometimes sees:
Rifle X: $2,000
Comes with: absolutely none of all the really good stuff you see on it in the picture, if there are even pictures, but instead with this one can of half shot dented pellets.
MSRP: $2,000 so you are receiving all the extras for free.
Shipping: at buyer’s expense.
Hurry up. Buy now. Don’t miss out on this once in a lifetime, really good offer that is guaranteed to go really fast.

Is this just some guy’s attempt to honestly say “Yes honey, listed it,” because every now and then I feel like I read one of these and feel like I personally really struggle with the thought process that lead to the listing I’m reading.
Well anyway I just needed a 10th message so I can start shoveling my life savings at strangers I met on the internet for things I definitely don’t really need.
Thanks!
Ok so buy new ….. it’s only money - your money

I can't remember what I was selling, i think a Native Kayak. The guy opens with "what will you take for it" have in mind I clearly put a price (700) on the listing. I said 900. He goes "but the listing is for 700, I responded "exactly"
The "what will you take for it" is the ultimate infuriating statement for me.
Don't watch "Hardcore Pawn," it's owner Les Gold's favorite line, "So, what will you really take for it?":LOL:

I get it now. I saw your multitude of stale, unanswered ads after months in the classifieds here. I figured there had to have been a reason you were so sensitive about my words. Even though my one sentence described you precisely, I wasn't directing it at you since I have no idea who you are. So try your best to move on. And good luck with those transactions. Hopefully 2023 will be your year to get some merchandise moved.
They all sold except 1 so far, so I appreciate you lurking in my profile to see what I have for sale 😜
I do have a habit of forgetting to close ads, so thanks for reminding me to do that. As for moving on, I did that a while back, but you’re still here trolling so…..

Anyone who has ever sold anything of value over the internet has faced these low-ball offers. I have always (confidently) thanked the person for their offer but told them I cannot accept. No need to put threats in your ad saying, "no low ball offers entertained!" or "x dollars firm!" That immediately strikes that person's merchandise from my personal consideration.
Absolutely. Guys act like the buyer came to their house and worked them over for an hour then decided not to buy. That sucks if you ever went through it. But simply typing no should not send a seller into a tail spin or cause someone to go on a rant. If a used gun is priced stupid but I’m interested, I sometimes still inquire about it. Maybe the guy is just trying to hit a home run off some dumb ass but will still take the opportunity to just get rid of it to a fellow member that he can trust. We’re just selling toys. This isn’t Wall Street.

Reactions: Doc C.
Do a search in the classified ads for previous sales of the item you want to sell to get an idea of what others have sold it for and come up with a price you are willing to sell it for. A used gun is a used gun no matter how many pellets have been through it. If you price it close to retail people will just buy a new one with a warranty instead of a used one.

I'm all for getting for what someone will pay but I shake my head at ads that get relisted time and time again, often with a price for a "gently used" item that is maybe 5-10% under the price from brand new. Yet they get relisted over and over.
Then you dont know what they "fixed" that did not work out and put it up for sale to get out from under it .. you buy and find your now stuck dumping more money in it to make it right again. Then a new one starts looking cheap even at full price.lol

Reactions: dens228
Well, from my point of view, I'm not going to disassemble the gun, remove the scope that is sighted in dead on at my preferred range and re-install everything if the gun does not sell, because some clown who joined yesterday (who I would not sell to anyway) with 10 crap posts offers less than 70% shipped. If someone wants pics of the gun stock go to the manufacturers website. Honest sellers provide pictures of the actual item they are selling.
Honest seller don't sell guns they have totally hosed, pawning off something they've messed up. I had a guy with guns in wanted, literally an hour from me, absolutely IGNORED my messages, I wanted those guns, now why would that be? I was too close and could come back to haunt him for junk? I'll never know. Bought one gun 3rd hand as it turned out, it was hosed, it's my project gun to get back to standards.

If one is a Maverick in .22 we can chat.

Reactions: dens228
Honest seller don't sell guns they have totally hosed, pawning off something they've messed up. I had a guy with guns in wanted, literally an hour from me, absolutely IGNORED my messages, I wanted those guns, now why would that be? I was too close and could come back to haunt him for junk? I'll never know. Bought one gun 3rd hand as it turned out, it was hosed, it's my project gun to get back to standards.
I'm slowly moving towards listing my .20 cal HW98 FS. I'd welcome anyone in the Denver, CO area to come punch some paper and cardboard with it, bring a chronograph, or anything else. It's my first and only springer, and I don't care for the strange recoil and noise.

Possibly dangerous? Like the fx bottle with visible deep gouges in it from being dropped on a hard surface and probably why it’s being sold in the first place? Yes they are visible in the pics but don’t you think it should probably be mentioned in the description? Look very hard at photos guys. Ask for more and ask questions.

Reactions: swNCsw