SOLVED! Thanks for the feedback

Strongly suggest you just get a new one.Probably only way you could repair it ,would be to cut it off above the crimp and re-crimp if you could find the right crimping tool. Not worth the hassle!!

Definitely not why I posted this. I am looking for information on how to repair them. This is my 6th damned hose now that has failed and I'm just looking for information on what specific tooling requirements are needed to repair them.

Also, my understanding is there is a compression nut alternative to these seemingly proprietary crimps. Can anyone shed light on this?

Probably your best bet would be to contact a business in your area that deals in high compression fittings to see if there is something you can do to repair them. Only other suggestion would be to buy a micro bore hose from Air Tanks for Sale.Have had one of his and fill device on my 88 cu ft tank for five years now with no issues.He ain't cheap, but his products are first class. Hope you find a solution to your problem

You would have to cut the hose behind the crimp, discard the fitting, and crimp on a new one to the proper dimensions, within a few thousandths of an inch to be to "spec". Too tight or too loose would be a failure point.

To do the crimp you need an industrial type hydraulic powered crimper, big expensive things. Gates makes a portable benchtop version, but they are still huge and expensive to buy. 

The biggest issue you'll hit at a local hose shop is if they have a die set that small for their crimper. Most won't I'm thinking. But if they do, they could fix you up if they want to. 

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I'm trying to identify the specific tools needed for crimping these specifically or any possible insight on how to set them up with the compression nut system (and who sells them).

You ask for information here and then you reject all the advice you received. What is wrong with that picture?The correct answer has been given. They are not economically repairable. Can you make new ones yourself? Sure. Just go to a hydraulic supply house yourself and see what the equipment and supplies cost.

Well, I'm sure this is not what you want to hear, but it might help...

For every crimp connection/hose size, there is a exact set of dies, some metric, some proprietary, that must be used. To try and 're-crimp' a connection would probably do very little to solve your problem. Cutting off the crimped leaking connection and installing a new one is the only way to repair a leaking crimp fitting. More than likely the leak is in the hose itself at the crimp, from hose strain, hose kinking, or hose stretching.

On your 5th micro-bore hose, this seems to be an ongoing problem. Might want to go down to your local hydraulic hose dealer and have them make you a heavy duty non micro bore hose. For a sloww tank fill (like your microbore) if you deem it needed, add a fitting you can install/tap/screw a small carb jets into.

Might also want to review your hose use procedure for excess strain, bending, stretching,, and amend as needed for long hose life... Got to be careful how you use your hoes.

Imo,,, the micro bore hose that I've seen, was a low quality poorly made product that does not meet the EN856 R13 & 4SH specification like a good Parker/Vevor hose. Its surprising they last and do as well as they do.

jmo

There is literally nothing in the internet that explains how these stupid crimped microbore HPA hoses are assembled or repaired. Hoping that someone here can provide insight on how to repair these hoses when they leak at the crimped section!!!

Reactions: Camaro454
I used to make and repair hi pressure hoses for heavy equipment and or sweepers , most hoses and fittings were rated at 25k burst and most run 15k so there is a electric hydrulic crimp machine and dies which depending on size of hose and fitting is which tooling and pressure required to make a proper crimp , I never made fittings or hoses like the cheap stuff for pcp guns but it is same princible and machine just smaller fittings and dies ,

here is an example of them , Now some yes to use a ferral type which is tightened but generally this is on the low side or hydraulics

https://www.universalhoseandfittings.com/products/weatherhead-t-400-w-electric-pump-5-dies?gclid=Cj0KCQiA3rKQBhCNARIsACUEW_YiimVX5wGhrkrfDNhiejJE0Sw6a4UyFXYz6Sl-Gx-fWxlRyNjDCVkaApEeEALw_wcB

here is a pic of a crimp machine like anything eise their is good and cheap china brands , The units I worked with made hoses from 1/8 to 2 inch hoses

like with pcp microbore stuff , different vendors sell different quality of hoses , I stopped running cheap junk as I had a few blow out

LOU

We are dealing with high pressure air up to 4500 pounds per square inch. If your hoses leaking, best to replace it. Not repair it. Do you think cutting it off and cramping the ends with a tool will hold up to 4500 psi? Hpa isn't a joke. You don't wanna mess with hpa to save a few bucks.

I build valves that can be run wide open at 250bar with a sledgehammer, so I'm well aware of the pressure. 

I used to make and repair hi pressure hoses for heavy equipment and or sweepers , most hoses and fittings were rated at 25k burst and most run 15k so there is a electric hydrulic crimp machine and dies which depending on size of hose and fitting is which tooling and pressure required to make a proper crimp , I never made fittings or hoses like the cheap stuff for pcp guns but it is same princible and machine just smaller fittings and dies ,

here is an example of them , Now some yes to use a ferral type which is tightened but generally this is on the low side or hydraulics

https://www.universalhoseandfittings.com/products/weatherhead-t-400-w-electric-pump-5-dies?gclid=Cj0KCQiA3rKQBhCNARIsACUEW_YiimVX5wGhrkrfDNhiejJE0Sw6a4UyFXYz6Sl-Gx-fWxlRyNjDCVkaApEeEALw_wcB

here is a pic of a crimp machine like anything eise their is good and cheap china brands , The units I worked with made hoses from 1/8 to 2 inch hoses

like with pcp microbore stuff , different vendors sell different quality of hoses , I stopped running cheap junk as I had a few blow out

LOU

Perfect ballpark example of what I was looking for. THANKS!!!

Well, I'm sure this is not what you want to hear, but it might help...

For every crimp connection/hose size, there is a exact set of dies, some metric, some proprietary, that must be used. To try and 're-crimp' a connection would probably do very little to solve your problem. Cutting off the crimped leaking connection and installing a new one is the only way to repair a leaking crimp fitting. More than likely the leak is in the hose itself at the crimp, from hose strain, hose kinking, or hose stretching.

On your 5th micro-bore hose, this seems to be an ongoing problem. Might want to go down to your local hydraulic hose dealer and have them make you a heavy duty non micro bore hose. For a sloww tank fill (like your microbore) if you deem it needed, add a fitting you can install/tap/screw a small carb jets into.

Might also want to review your hose use procedure for excess strain, bending, stretching,, and amend as needed for long hose life... Got to be careful how you use your hoes.

Imo,,, the micro bore hose that I've seen, was a low quality poorly made product that does not meet the EN856 R13 & 4SH specification like a good Parker/Vevor hose. Its surprising they last and do as well as they do.

jmo

There is literally nothing in the internet that explains how these stupid crimped microbore HPA hoses are assembled or repaired. Hoping that someone here can provide insight on how to repair these hoses when they leak at the crimped section!!!

Thanks 👍

This is a pic of the microbore hose supplied with a 5000 psi hand pump I purchased. This us the 1st attempt. 3 more hoses under warranty and finally have a good one. Being a retired hydraulic engr I can tell you whomever prepared the hose and clamped the ferrule did so improperly. At this point it's junk. You can buy the fittings, but, the dies and crimp machine would be cost prohibitive. These gage hoses are toss away and never fixed. Stauff corp. sold assemblies you may want to contact them to discuss your options. 👍
20211201_200312_1638410920399_001.1645241678.jpg

This is a pic of the microbore hose supplied with a 5000 psi hand pump I purchased. This us the 1st attempt. 3 more hoses under warranty and finally have a good one. Being a retired hydraulic engr I can tell you whomever prepared the hose and clamped the ferrule did so improperly. At this point it's junk. You can buy the fittings, but, the dies and crimp machine would be cost prohibitive. These gage hoses are toss away and never fixed. Stauff corp. sold assemblies you may want to contact them to discuss your options.
1f44d.svg

Yeah, I'm absolutely sick of these run of the mill D2/D4 "PCP" / "paintball" hoses. Did a deep dive the other night and found a solid list of manufacturers and suppliers of hoses / parts / couplings / fittings and complete hose assemblies. There are much better options out there for industrial-grade hoses with endless connector / ferrule options that will mate up with Foster QD.

I'll buy 50pcs of complete assemblies if I had to fulfill a min order to get 4-5 hoses for myself. They're not all that expensive, and I'm sure the remainder would sell themselves.