• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other [SOLVED] Gauge Arrived Scratched - Normal?

Good morning friends,

Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! I recently placed an order from the Edgun shop. One of the things I purchased was a Wika gauge (Black, 315 bar). When it arrived I inspected it and noticed the face is scratched up pretty bad but you can only tell while holding it at an angle and none of them are deep enough to make me think it’s “damaged”. Wondering if anyone else had this experience? Pics attached, and thank you for your time!

IMG_6808.jpeg

IMG_6809.jpeg

I got tagged along on a backorder for more than 6 months and when my PP right to contest expired, communication from them ceased when EGW blocked my IP address from accessing his site. I will never do business with them again. Luckily, it was only for like 100 some dollars. Anyone who has not experienced their customer service has no idea what they are missing.

Last edited:
Damn, really disappointing to hear everyone’s experiences. I’ve had the complete opposite when it comes to service. EGW always answered my questions immediately (although I never had to send anything back), and I purchased the gauge through the Edgun shop run by Wolfiek group. They also responded to my questions, not as quickly but haven’t been left hanging. Once again thank you everyone for your input!

Also I think I might start a separate thread for this but I recommend everyone take a video of themselves opening packages, even new items but definitely pre owned! I do it so I have indisputable proof if there’s an issue for either the seller or shipper. If I open everything and it looks good I immediately delete the video to save storage but I was burned before and it was nice knowing I could just upload the video and there’s no ‘two sides’, just fact.

Reactions: Loff
Forgive me for saying this, but...

The pics still make me think it is a protective plastic film covering the gauge. I say this because relatively recently I had a product that had clarity issues for a digital register. Sorry, I honestly don't remember what it was, but in any case I had to use an X-acto blade to be able to remove it.

Usually, these protective coverings are larger than the "lens" and can be easily peeled off, but in the case I am talking about I had to use the X-acto blade to find the edge and then peel it off.

I may be completely wrong, but the pics sure look like there is still a protective film.

JMHO

All my best!

Kerry

Reactions: Bernie7
Forgive me for saying this, but...

The pics still make me think it is a protective plastic film covering the gauge. I say this because relatively recently I had a product that had clarity issues for a digital register. Sorry, I honestly don't remember what it was, but in any case I had to use an X-acto blade to be able to remove it.

Usually, these protective coverings are larger than the "lens" and can be easily peeled off, but in the case I am talking about I had to use the X-acto blade to find the edge and then peel it off.

I may be completely wrong, but the pics sure look like there is still a protective film.

JMHO

All my best!

Kerry
No forgiveness necessary (I know it’s just an expression) 😊 I posted here looking for everyone’s thoughts and opinions, if there were no dissenting views that leave an opening for blind spots. I just took a second look and there’s definitely no protective film but always a good idea to double check. I’d feel like an idiot if I sent it back just because I reacted too quickly. Thank you!