• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

[SOLVED] FX Maverick Compact .177 Cal Main Block has safety screw - remove before shooting.

Hi All FX Maverick Owners!
Has any of Your Maverick Gun, esp. the compact in .177/.22 Cal got a Hammer Limiting Screw?
Asking as mine has got one in the screw-hole indicated in picture where it goes…
This is not present in Parts List either.
FB046AD6-B710-40C9-9A04-D477BB07E2C6.png

This essentially is limiting the hammer to how far it can push the Valve Pin and also so it doesn’t hit the Valve Block.

Will help if You can post Block pictures of Your FX Maverick…

Thanks!
-SoulSniper

hey @Tor7 ! You made my day...
You can make out from what overthinking causes, You see...
And there's no mention of it in the user manual either... :eek:

It had actually damaged my hammer, that i had to re-build.
Not only that, the hammer hitting it had made shreds out of the threads of that screw that fell and jammed the cocking mechanism too.
Removed it.

Thanks again for responding on this one, @tor47 ...

-SoulSniper

WOW!!! Never seen a screw there from 5 new FXs I personally bought and many more my friends bought. Guess your dealer never bothered with even testing the gun at all!

I know where I buy my guns Utah air and talon tunes will at least test the guns before sending them out.
Agree to You, @qball they're the first Dealer in the country to have initiated business for FX, and i felt sad with this experience as i'd otherwise found them very diligent through my 2.5+ years transactions with them... Felt like they just wanted to get rid of the stock they built up...
It hurts for such a product being not honored and cared... and this experience simply put a question mark on whether they can pass on the Relationship and Values that FX Airguns Wants to be delivered to their customers via these Supply Chains...:cautious:

Reactions: qball