• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning SOLVED! - FX Impact - Where the heck did this grub screw come from?!?

SOLVED!

I had some more time today to dig into my gun, I've been pretty busy. My brother was there and I was showing him all the places I've already checked, and I picked up my bipod and saw that there was something missing on the cam latch. Sure enough, it was the home for my grub screw, even though it looked out of place compared to all the other screws on the bipod!

I am very glad that it was NOT the gun, although as Larry1956 made clear, it can happen, so it pays to keep a watch on what's happening!
I was going to say to check your bipod. Lol seemed to obvious. The fx has a major issue with the cocking lever screws that attach to the cocking lever bar. I bought a new maverick and this happened on day 1. Fx needs to find a work around for this. It is a poor design. Besides that I love the gun.

SOLVED!

I had some more time today to dig into my gun, I've been pretty busy. My brother was there and I was showing him all the places I've already checked, and I picked up my bipod and saw that there was something missing on the cam latch. Sure enough, it was the home for my grub screw, even though it looked out of place compared to all the other screws on the bipod!

I am very glad that it was NOT the gun, although as Larry1956 made clear, it can happen, so it pays to keep a watch on what's happening!
Thanks for your post. This gave me hope, I recently found this same screw underneath my FX Impact M3 after a day at the range. I checked my bipod and the screw isn’t associated with my Accu-Tac bipod. Back to inspecting my air rifle. I will update the outcome.

image.jpg

I was going to say to check your bipod. Lol seemed to obvious. The fx has a major issue with the cocking lever screws that attach to the cocking lever bar. I bought a new maverick and this happened on day 1. Fx needs to find a work around for this. It is a poor design. Besides that I love the gun.
Thanks for your post. This gave me hope, I recently found this same screw underneath my FX Impact M3 after a day at the range. I checked my bipod and the screw isn’t associated with my Accu-Tac bipod. Back to inspecting my air rifle. I will update the outcome.

View attachment 396104
UPDATE!!!
See image below. I wasn’t expecting to report back so soon. After throughly looking over the rifle, turns out my forward grub screw backed out of my cocking lever. The pin the grub screw secures was still in place. I confirmed this watching a breakdown video posted by FX Airguns. Hope this helps someone else. Safe shooting!

IMG_3781.jpeg