Tuning SOLVED! - FX Impact - Where the heck did this grub screw come from?!?

So I was out shooting my stock FX Impact MkII with my nephew this morning. We'd been out for a while and were enjoying the laser accuracy of the gun. Suddenly, as I was cocking the gun, a grub screw fell out of the gun and into the shooting table. I was perplexed, but thought I could just give it a lookover and determine where it came from. Nope! I looked all over that thing and couldn't see any spots that looked like they were missing a grub screw. Since I am a cautious person when warranted, I stopped shooting and came home. When I got back I took the gun mostly apart to search for where it could have come from, to no avail. I didn't take everything apart, but I did strip it down fairly good without getting into the inner workings (surely nothing could just fall out of the inner workings?). I still couldn't find out where the heck it came from. Here is a picture of it next to my 3mm and 2.5mm ball-end hex keys. I measured it with my calipers and it appears to be an M5x4 (4.99mm wide outside thread and 3.64mm long). The 2.5mm key fits in the hex recess.

Does anyone have any idea where this thing came from??

PXL_20210515_224123088.1621119937.jpg

Too much of a coincident with all these screw coming loose in this gun, FX. I too was out shooting the other day then the gun could not cock all the way, but just enough to index the magazine and there the cocking was jammed at that point. The pin probe partially in the mag, not able to go forward on backwards. I degassed the gun, removed the barrel, removed the pin probe got the mag out of the way and still did not see why the cocking was jammed up. Next, I removed butt stock plate and power wheel and out fell an allen socket screw. This screw was the indexing or anti rotation screw for the hammer spring cup or holder that the hammer spring sits in
20210516_122421.1621525136.jpg
. To FX, is the part where the blue locktight is applied being omitted? So far, this has caused quite a bit of frustration for us all, but, it could lead to a catastrophic conclusion for someone as well!

SOLVED!

I had some more time today to dig into my gun, I've been pretty busy. My brother was there and I was showing him all the places I've already checked, and I picked up my bipod and saw that there was something missing on the cam latch. Sure enough, it was the home for my grub screw, even though it looked out of place compared to all the other screws on the bipod!

I am very glad that it was NOT the gun, although as Larry1956 made clear, it can happen, so it pays to keep a watch on what's happening!

You just stole the fire from a lot of FX bashers.

Well, if it's not the gun I want people to know that. Even if it had been, I have been very happy with my MKII. It's not the gun for everyone, but I don't feel the need to convert everyone either- people can like whatever they want. At the very least this was a good opportunity to strip the gun down a little and get to know more about it.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in!