Other Solid Barrels

I have 5 guns from a soda straw company. I know 4 (luckily I guess) have no poi shift problems at all. Hoping the 700 mm tensioned one doesn’t either but we will find out soon. Just a note…I don’t know a single gun that has a solid barrel. Seems it would be hard to shoot a projectile out of one 🤷‍♂️

I have 5 guns from a soda straw company. I know 4 (luckily I guess) have no poi shift problems at all. Hoping the 700 mm tensioned one doesn’t either but we will find out soon. Just a note…I don’t know a single gun that has a solid barrel. Seems it would be hard to shoot a projectile out of one 🤷‍♂️
My two are point, click, hit right where they left off, time or temp doesn't matter one iota. My Sapsan has a solid barrel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trucker3573
I think the better question is which guns have barrels that mate up solidly with the recievers. Plenty of powder burners have soda straw barrels that don't have the sort of poi shifts that some airguns do.

Which PBs? I do not know of but one PB with a liner inside a shroud? There is a 1022 with an integral suppressor. It requires a tax stamp of course. Not sure of the configuration of the internal barrel. As much as the thin, flexible barrel liners, the shift of POI also results from the shroud pressing on the barrel liner. The barrel liner itself is not sufficiently stiff to resist even small external forces.

Think they still make thouse. Technically one can probably still get the solid smoothvist barrells for never guns, but that would add to the cost, as one had to buy another barrel.
Bobcats are no longer made but dealers still market the Royale & Boss but I always wonder if FX is still manufacturing them or is it just existing warehouse stock. Not much call anymore for accurate, simple, classic style shooters. Modularity, tunability, & LOTS of o-rings seems what the masses want nowadays. Have to admit though, shooting out to 200+ yards is a blast!

My Pathfinder XR… Barrel looks and feels solid to me…🙀

IMG_0741.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: rsfrid