FX Solid barrel in DRS Pro Matt Dubber's video

Listen and watch again. That’s not what he said. He said it has an optional stainless steel heavy outer barrel housing that the liner slides into. Same liners as every other FX.
Ah thanks for the confirmation. I can't stand Dubber so I literally watched that bit that Mubhaur mentioned and missed any other context.

Ah thanks for the confirmation. I can't stand Dubber so I literally watched that bit that Mubhaur mentioned and missed any other context.
My apologies that I missed the part that is critical to some of the members here.

Still what Dubber says is not far from a solid barrel.

We know that many tuners including AZ make solid barrels out of FX liners for some customers with all benefits of real solid barrel.

The real question is not that either the liner has been used or not, the real fact that "MATTERS TO ME" is that FX is using their liner in form of solid barrel.

Otherwise a lot of people have been facing issues of POI shifts mostly in Impacts.

So at least for competition grade guns FX has fixed this issue.

I feel that FX should offer this kind of barrel for Impact and their other guns having liner system.

Bhaur

Hmmmm, I think some still don’t get it. It’s a HEAVIER STAINLESS STEEL replacement for the current lightweight outer barrel. It goes together just like the current assemblies except the old part is replaced with the new one. From what he said the Superior Liner fits snugly into the new outer housing so I’m guessing the OD is the same but the ID is less meaning it is a thicker wall. Not sure where this sold barrel notion comes from ? Maybe the liner is epoxied in there but then changing out a few dozen liners and putting all but one or two back on the shelf wouldn’t be possible. What am I missing?

Hmmmm, I think some still don’t get it. It’s a HEAVIER STAINLESS STEEL replacement for the current lightweight outer barrel. It goes together just like the current assemblies except the old part is replaced with the new one. From what he said the Superior Liner fits snugly into the new outer housing so I’m guessing the OD is the same but the ID is less meaning it is a thicker wall. Not sure where this sold barrel notion comes from ? Maybe the liner is epoxied in there but then changing out a few dozen liners and putting all but one or two back on the shelf wouldn’t be possible. What am I missing?
You may be right. We can just do loud thinking at this stage.

We would have to see the real arrangement of liner + outer SS pipe.

I have also used SS pipe with 2mm wall thickness and closer tolerance with liner but the POI shift remains there unless I epoxy the liner into the SS pipe and form a solid type barrel, install upper thicker plate and reasonably make the barrel free floating.

Bhaur

It's great to have options! Granted I'm pretty darn happy with my normal STX barrel with carbon liner sleeve epoxied on. No real POI shift I can tell, haven't touched my gun in a week and it's dead on today as usual.
I also got better results after I epoxied the carbon fiber pipe on the liner. But for even better results, went to also epoxy the liner and sleave into a stainless steel pipe to make more solid barrel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyboy and qball
Screenshot_20240401_073754.jpg

As per Matt Dubber reply as shown above, such sturdy barrels based on FX liners would be available for Impacts and other FX guns.

Bhaur

I am shooting rings only, in a gun club, mostly 100 meters. In 2-3 years using Impact MK2 .25x700 I cannot recall that any POI shift bothered me from equipment flaws.
Too much hype in this Forum around things, I fell into that rabbit hole as well you shall not feel offended.
First the CF sleeve over the liner... I try that and calling it bs...back to orings.
Second the CF barrel tensioning system...I try that as well and calling it bs again...back to barrel harmonic tuner.
And the list goes on with many "upgrades" people won't admit that is just a simple placebo.
But I cannot tell you where you can or cannot spend your money...

I also got better results after I epoxied the carbon fiber pipe on the liner. But for even better results, went to also epoxy the liner and sleave into a stainless steel pipe to make more solid barrel.

Zero doubt on that but I like to keep my options open by not epoxying the entire thing solid. It certainly crossed my mind a few times but chickened out last minute!🤣🤣🤣