• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

SOLD! Tired of Waiting for that Crown, how about this .30 cal Crown in Walnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrymc

Jan 6, 2017
Az, United States
THIS HAS BEEN SOLD!
All right guys,
I am probably going to regret this but I am going to sell my NEW FX Crown. 
This gun is not even 2 months old yet. Purchased new from Utah Airguns on 9/22/2017, one of the first batch in the country!
It is amazingly accurate it piles pellets on top of pellets at 30 yards.
I have not had it out to 100 yards yet as work has kept my from having the time.

I have been agonizing over this decision as right after I bought this, I found a deal on a RAW LRT 30 cal.
I have always wanted one since the first time I shot a RAW.

The 2 guns are both amazing and I have been trying to decide which one to keep.
The FX, is slightly more consistent than the RAW, it always amazes you with its accuracy.
You have seen the awards for the FX at EBR and I am sure that in 30 cal this would be even more accurate than the 25's that dominated out there this year.
All that said, the RAW is everything I want in a gun and feels like a solid piece of iron. Something I like.

So onto the sale.
I have posted on here about how the Crown performs so I won't rehash all that.
I have pictures for it and the chrono results. 
This thing is a beast putting out an average of 878 fps out of a 44.75 JSB Pellet, for 76.62 ft. lbs of energy.
I had another string that shot up to 901 fps on a 44.75 JSB, that is 80.68 ft lbs.
I have settled back into the 75 ft lb range since then.

It is very accurate and can do the same thing over and over again.
While these are just practice shots you can see the consistency, Keep in mind that these are 9 ring targets for 25 meters so they measure .310"
All are 5 shot groups, some are sight in for the scope, most were just getting used to the gun.

A better shooter will do better the potential is all there with this gun!

This is a 5 shot group through wood so you do not get the tearing that you do with copier paper.
Notice that it is just nibbling at the edges of the original hole, this is at 30 yards.

Here are some shots of the CROWN itself.
I got to pick out which one I wanted as Utah Airguns sent me pictures of the 4 they had available at the time.
I picked this one because I liked the grain pattern the best.

I have cleaned up a couple issues, 
One is the stock the way it came from FX sqeeked, the fit around the bottle needed clearanced.
Second the factory finish had a couple spots around the butt that were darker and not blended with the 
rest of the stock. Other than that the stock only has wax on it currently, if I were keeping it I would be doing 
multiple layers of gun oil and give it that deep wet look to highlight the grain.

It also comes with the factory FX case and all the original paperwork, doe NOT include scope or rings sorry guys those go on the RAW.
I am looking for $1950 + shipping.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.