• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Traditional Rifle SOLD: Collectable AND Accurate: Anschutz LG 250, with or without sights

Classified Status
SOLD

rthor

Jul 28, 2021
WA, United States
I bought this from Anschutz in 1975 so that I could participate in the “new” Air Rifle competition at the 15th US International Shooting Championships at the Black Canyon Range (now Ben Avery Shooting Center) in Phoenix. That was the only match I ever shot with it. The inspection sticker for the match is still on the stock. Since then, it has been carefully maintained in my safe and fired only occasionally (it is pristine!) when someone new to shooting wanted to try a few shots in the backyard. Zero recoil! Early last year I read about the possibility of leaking in the recoil compensation mechanism and checked it…..happy to see that no leakage had occurred. To make sure it did not happen going forward, I replaced all of the seals and piston buffer, refilled the piston, and replaced the main spring with parts and guidance from John MacLeod at Custom Gun Parts in the UK. It shoots as well as it ever did! Chronograph test shows muzzle velocity for RWS R10 Match ten shots: 573, 575, 583, 587, 584, 581, 579, 575, 582, 585 = average 580.4 +/- 4.7 (0.8 %)
Has original Instruction booklet with test target.
$850 WITH original 6702 Anschutz sights shipped in hard plastic/boxed case. $650 WITHOUT sights.
Feel free to ask questions through PMs.
Thank you for looking!
IMG_6646.JPG
IMG_6647.JPG
IMG_6648.JPG
IMG_6650.JPG
IMG_6654.JPG
IMG_6658.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: jeefberky