• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. Airgun moderators that are permanently affixed to an airgun will be allowed. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

[SOLD] AEA HP Carbine Semi-Auto, .22, $325 Shipped CONUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMH

Jul 26, 2020
CA, United States
I purchased this gun about 2 months ago, at the end of March from Utah Airguns. I bought it out of their "Used, Custom Builds, Services" section of their web site, apparently as New Old Stock. They were selling 4-5 identical guns, and the one I received had never been shot.

Some folks really love their AEA guns, especially for the value they provide. But this is just not the gun for me. I don't like the trigger much and even though the butt stock is fully adjustable I can't really find a comfortable fit. And, unfair as it is due to the price difference, I compare it against my other semi-auto (Huben K1), and I have been spoiled by the K1.

Here is my personal history with the gun and full disclosure:

When I received it I threw a scope onto it and went to try it out on my backyard range. Shot the first 3 mags fine, no issues. Stopped feeding on my 4th mag. I pulled the mag and found that the spring which turns the rotor to feed the next pellet had either internally broken, or maybe slipped out of place. No more spring tension in this mag.

Moved to the second mag and shot another couple of mags, but then when I shot the last 3, the last (12th) pellet in the magazine was getting center-punched by the pellet probe. It is like the spring tension in this magazine is just on the edge, and is too soft to center that last pellet in the mag before trying to chamber it.

I guess that this was not unexpected as I had read and watched some of Bin Tac's videos talking about a bad lot of AEA magazines.

So I called Utah Airguns, explained my situation and they immediately responded "No worries - we'll get a couple new magazines shipped right out to you." I received the 2 new magazines the following week just as promised. But I haven't even shot the gun since my first shooting session, so the new mags are unfired. Like I said above, just not the gun for me.

So I'll just sell it at a loss, to someone who wants a semi-auto, and who doesn't mind doing the adjusting/optimizing dance which the AEA's are somewhat known for.

So $325 shipped CONUS, payment via PP 'Friends'. The gun comes with all it came with new - Fill probe, extra o-rings for fill probe, the 2 original magazines (one with no spring tension and the other works just fine if you only load 11 rounds), the 2 brand new, unfired replacement magazines, and the owner's manual.

Looking at the photos below, you will see that there are a couple of paint marks on the right side of the air tanks. These look to me to be touch-ups of scuffs, either done by AEA or UA. Gun seems to hold air just fine, and I have done zero tuning adjustments to it. Haven't even turned the power dial in the single backyard session I had with it.

Please communicate through the AGN PM system, and thank you.
Tom

(Dang it but it looks like AGN is having picture upload issues again, so I'll post up my pics when I can.)

But it is this model gun: https://utahairguns.com/aea-hp-carbine/

Status
Not open for further replies.