Sold a moderator on EBay

The world has changed quite a bit since you retired.

Your facility with the Ebay interface is impressive. Just one last question as I might find it useful myself in the future. I'm looking at his tab right now. I don't see anyway to get the information.

How did you know that he bid one some item today?
First go to your listing

Then click on the [1 bid] and it will take you to the below link -

Then click on bidders name and it will take you to the below link -

But apparently it just tells you the time left on the auction he bid on, not as compared to real time

You will get more info if the buyer has purchased from you in the past

You definitely did the right thing by refunding it because ebay WILL force you to refund his money if he would've complained about not receiving his item. They would reach out to the buyer after noticing it wasn't delivered asking what they want him to do. He could ask you to resend it and that costs you the new shipping charges.
The money back guarantee can really burn a seller, I quit selling on eBay for that reason AND their fees are astronomical. You can't really make much money on resale, but making and selling a product I guess so if cost is low.

First go to your listing

Then click on the [1 bid] and it will take you to the below link -

Then click on bidders name and it will take you to the below link -

But apparently it just tells you the time left on the auction he bid on, not as compared to real time

You will get more info if the buyer has purchased from you in the past
Ok, so you were mistaken. I get no information about what he has bid upon today.

You definitely did the right thing by refunding it because ebay WILL force you to refund his money if he would've complained about not receiving his item. They would reach out to the buyer after noticing it wasn't delivered asking what they want him to do. He could ask you to resend it and that costs you the new shipping charges.
The money back guarantee can really burn a seller, I quit selling on eBay for that reason AND their fees are astronomical. You can't really make much money on resale, but making and selling a product I guess so if cost is low.
Ebay is hard but they keep good records. That saves me from having to keep good records. ;) That's half of it. The other half is I don't want someone's money if I can't deliver what I promised especially if they are living through CAT4 hurricanes in this field.
nsn.jpg

Last edited:
Watch one thing in the future. You are releasing your return address to an unknown source that has no mailing address??
I know we cannot control just everything,
at lease PP gives some insurance to both sides in a deal, but there are other things can go bad.
Yep. That's exactly right. You don't have to subpoena AGN or EBay to get the address.

I recently explained to someone that the LEAs had learned to operate like INTEL agencies since 9/11 and the Patriot Act. That kind of "active" intelligence gathering is what I was talking about. I don't think it is a good thing but topic does get awfully close to the lines that management doesn't want us crossing so I'll leave that there and encourage everyone to avoid it. I am not saying that is what was going on here.

Another thing which can be done is simply to study the package. With the technologies we have now it certainly would not be necessary to open a package to get a really good look at the contents.

Clear as mud, this is.
Perfectly said Scotty1

What is clear to me however is that questioning the integrity or motives of @OldSpook could be as humiliating as chasing, catching, and biting your own tail.
As a result of PMs, & transactions with him (via eBay and directly) I can attest to his well-honed sense of business ethics, and firmly formed opinions

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrmetals