So you've got 550 bucks............

I've never looked through a Midas Tac, but for that money my favorite is the SWFA 3-15x42 with the MOA reticle. I love the floating dot in the MOA reticle. The scope has parallax adjustment down to 6 yds. The magnification range suits about any use. The glass is great. Side focus....

I have one mounted to my Veteran Compact for a couple more days. I found a Tier 1 scope that I've had my eye on for a while for an unbelievable price that fits the size of the gun better. The SWFA isn't huge, but can be a bit long on compact guns.

Midas TAC 6-24×50 minimum 10 yards. 

1581117445_6268224385e3df005869653.44453568_71F49358-3547-40D0-8EE6-0CB8CD03A76B.jpeg

No question whatsoever, Midas TAC!!!!!!!! 

My 3 SWFA 3-15's weren't even as clear as my Athlon Talos BTR's, nor my Argos BTR's, and the glass in the TAC blows the SWFA's away.

I sold one of those SWFA's to a friend. About a month later I rounded the corner, saw that same friend with his rifle/SWFA 3-15 sitting on the bench. He says, hey Steve, come check this out. The side focus knob had fallen off. He sent the scope back and they fixed it or replaced it which is good.

So what I'm getting at is just because a scope is made in Japan doesn't mean it's "all that".

I've had maybe 20 Athlon scopes go through my hands and all of them have functioned correctly. Though I know of one friend who's scope was DOA. He sent it back and it was replaced with a new one. This same guy just bought a Midas TAC from me a few days ago. I'll be using the money towards the purchase of a Ares BTR Gen2 4.5-27x50 which I'm transitioning to for most of my rifles not intended for close shooting, already having one on my FX Impact, it is one awesome scope!!!

I’ve not heard anything about the Aztec line. 

Gonna have to take a serious look at the Midas Tac. 
Appreciate the input.

I own both an Athlon Helos BTR and the Aztec Emerald FFP. I posted a comparison of the two. That said the reticle on the Aztec is the bomb for the type of shooting I do. Glass is comparable to the Helos to these older eyes. I really really like both scopes and would buy them again.

It wouldn't be a Chinese scope

Interesting. Please give a few examples of quality scopes for $550 or less that AREN’T made in China? Can you even name one?

I would have agreed with you until I saw a Riton MOD 7 5-25x56 MRAD on the GTA Bargain Gate for $350. The scope is actually made in Japan. I couldn't believe it.