So You Want To Be a Tuner....

dennis-baker

Dealer
May 9, 2016
Ohio
Hi everybody! Sorry it's been so long since my last airgun blog. I'm picking up this week with a blog called, "So You Want To Be A Tuner..." All comments are welcomed and appreciated! Stay tuned, stay safe, and Happy Shooting!

https://www.bakerairguns.com/general/so-you-want-to-be-a-tuner/

1572629450_14691342935dbc6bca768292.44964564_tunerav.jpg

I absolutely lost it at the Ryobi drill which immediately caught my eye and what seems to be a good 'ol Phillips #2 chucked up. As my eyes wondered across the picture I then saw the mini-sledge. Everything after that just kept making it better and better.

Thanks for the great belly laugh on a Friday. Hilarious picture and well done!

Yup gotta have the right tools to tune yer Impact although that is not what is pictured.

Sledgehammer - check

Drill and bits - check

Visegrips - check

Yup what you say is so true there are those who haven't a clue and go twisting and turning then it doesn't werq anymore. They wonder why and often blame the gun or manufacturer. For some it doesn't help that there is so much tuning info available it just helps them dig a deeper hole. For others it is a great thing and they end up at nirvana.

@biohazardman 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Now that is some truth right there. I have been lucky with my endeavors on mine as well as my brothers airguns. Huge shoutout to Hajimoto, southern air gunner, troy hammer, and a few others for their assistance. Been able to get all my guns exactly where I needed them to be without destroying them or blowing myself up Love the hammer it works lol.

I had the great pleasure of talking to the Baker folks at the Hickory NC air gun show. What a fine group of gentleman.

We talked at some length about the challenges of their being in the air gun business.

The over expectations some of us have concerning what these guns are capable of doing. If the gun and shooter can’t achieve almost world class groups it’s of course the gun

DIYers getting into trouble then expecting to be bailed out by the professionals for little or no charge 

Baker Air is being humorous but my suspicion is it’s NOT always so easy to be gracious about some of this 

Lets be honest groups larger then an inch at 100 are not to be considered a failure . And if you take upon yourselves to work on the gun you have to assume all responsibility.

I'll jump on the hammer band wagon, my only thought oh what a cute little hammer. I've got an 18# cross pein set in the same handle. We here call it concussion calibration. Heard that from a fellow that works in the nuclear power industry.

Second thing I live in the area where the original vise grips were made. If your not using 12wr's your not working. Those vise grips are like a bench vise on wheels.

Not to worry will be watch with interest thanks for the post