So whats the word on the Daystate Delta Wolf

As a previous owner of a Daystate Redwolf, I would like to hear from those who bought a Delta. SO... the Safari had a Gen. 2 board,but still had to programmed with a programmer. Then the Delta Wolf came out that allowed the user to tune it without a programmer, the main reason I got rid of my Redwolf. Does the chrono in the barrel actually work, and I mean work right and not throw numbers up ? Is the programming fairly easy now,and not like it was with the programmer? I loved my Redwolf and when it was hitting on all cylinders, it was a shooter.... but when it wasnt, it wasnt. I guess a option would be, get a used Redwolf and buy the board you can program, without the programmer. Ive got some fine air rifles... but nothing I shoot, is in the same class as my Redwolf was....but thats my opinion. I like the changes in the Delta Wolf, just dont care for the way it looks now, kinda FXey. Love the feel of the wood stock on the Wolfs. My guess it that you cant get the Delta Wolf innards with a Wolf stock ? Thanks for any replys especially you guys who now own a Delta Wolf.

I'm finding it a little difficult to fully fall in love with my Delta Wolf after having shot the Red Wolf, and even the Pulsar (both of which I still own). It is not that I hate my Delta, it is just that I don't find myself reaching for it as often as I thought I might. The RW continues to be my favorite of the 3.

I will say that I'm not one whose greatest enjoyment is the tuning aspect of airguns, whether mechanical or electronic. So really being able to get deep into the guts of the programming is not the thing I find to be the most fun in air gunning. I like to find reasonable tunes for guns with maybe 2 different weights of pellets, and go out and shoot.

So for me the RW and Pulsar are fantastic without using the Daystate Programmer or installing a Heliboard. The factory settings allow me to shoot 25.39's and some slugs in my RW HP .22 cal. I don't find the need for any additional tunability, although I definitely see where others may want this.

One thing I find on the Daystates now is that the 10-11 capacity magazines just seem small after shooting FX. Sure, one can have 2 Delta Wolf magazines and just push the next one into place when the first is empty. But I still prefer Crown and Impact capacity magazines (especially since they are so easy to load with the Stud mag loaders).

The Delta Wolf is a good gun. I personally haven't even scratched the surface of its tuning capabilities, whereas other shooters may immediately dive deeply into tuning it upon receipt. As more tuning tips and techniques surface, I may appreciate my DW more, but right now it doesn't get shot all that much. That's just my personal experience though.

I sold my .25 Delta to Tom (TMH) above and was a great shooter but just redundant as I have a .30 that I was working to tune for my benchrest gun. 

That same .30 has been back to AoA twice now and still can't compete with my .30 Crowns or Impacts or any of my European .30 shooters (Cricket Tactical, Uragan) etc.

Seems the issues are hit or miss as I have seen others work flawlessly as my .25 did.

I would hold off and stick with the RW or Safari.....

My 2 cents.

Dr. Mike Long 

Go Redwolf and put a Heliboard in. That is the ultimate airgun in my opinion. 12 power settings and each setting is infinitely adjustable.

The only downside is that you have to remember to turn the gun off after shooting, it does not turn off after a certain time like the std board does.

That can fry your battery. I have my backlight on all the time when I shoot, so I can easily see when it is on or off. I have 2 Redwolfs, both with Heliboards, one is .177 sub 12 fpe and the other a full power Safari in .22. OK so you don't have a built in chrony, but it is easy to just hang a FX chrony on the barrel.

Plus it is just a gorgeous rifle with that laminate stock, oozes quality!