So what’s the verdict on the FX Chrony?

Mine works as advertised. Never misses a shot. 

I've cross-checked the velocity readings against my Lab Radar and the velocities are usually within 5 fps of each other.

If the FX chrony has an advantage over Lab Radar, it is the FX's portability. Also, when using the 2 chronies at the range with "powder burners" nearby, the FX Chrony was not affected by the blast from other shooters. With the LR, I often got interference from the muzzle blast from nearby firearms.

Been trying to do some research. YouTube doesn’t really have recent reviews. Pyramyd has mixed reviews. What’s the verdict on the FX Chrony? 

Mixed reviews are what you will continue to find. 
Search the forums. This question has been asked multiple times on AGN. It’s actually be asked/commented on within the past week.

Been trying to do some research. YouTube doesn’t really have recent reviews. Pyramyd has mixed reviews. What’s the verdict on the FX Chrony? 

Mixed reviews are what you will continue to find. 
Search the forums. This question has been asked multiple times on AGN. It’s actually be asked/commented on within the past week.

How does your FX Chronograph perform for you?

For the price you can get a traditional chrony for half the price. Lots of guys doing reviews with the fx chrony are fx fan boys like Matt from Africa, Ted from Wisconsin, Utah airgun Boys, and giles from UK. Its a ok chrony but at $200 there are better ones out there.

Which chronograph are you referencing for half the price of the FX?

My son borrowed one from a friend of his at work, put the app on his phone but never got it to work. I will not have one. The standard style chronograph may not set up as quickly or be as small , but when it's set up it works. I would rather spend the five mins. It takes to set up and know it works that spend 200 on something that may or may not be reliable. Too many mixed reviews on the FX chronograph and the one I had my hands on didn't work. 

For the price you can get a traditional chrony for half the price. Lots of guys doing reviews with the fx chrony are fx fan boys like Matt from Africa, Ted from Wisconsin, Utah airgun Boys, and giles from UK. Its a ok chrony but at $200 there are better ones out there.

Which chronograph are you referencing for half the price of the FX?

There are many chrony that will read your pellet/slug for way cheaper than fx chrony. Just look them up.

Screenshot_20220227-110849_Chrome.1645981802.jpg
Screenshot_20220227-110836_Chrome.1645981803.jpg
Screenshot_20220227-110825_Chrome.1645981803.jpg
Screenshot_20220227-110754_Chrome.1645981804.jpg
Screenshot_20220227-110722_Chrome.1645981804.jpg
Screenshot_20220227-110542_Chrome.1645981805.jpg

That is quite a list of chronographs. Which do you recommend and what features do you prefer/require.

I only recommend or pan equipment that I have experience using. I have owned 3 Caldwell chronographs -- the Caldwell Precision G2, the Caldwell Precision (you listed above) and one other that I no longer use.

Every Caldwell that I've owned required a light source to produce velocity readings. 

The FX Chronograph uses radar to measure projectile velocity and produces accurate readings, even in the dark. This Chronograph provides audio of velocity measurements on my IPhone and iPad. It also shows energy level, i.e FPE. I'm also able to "store profiles for different rifles, calibers, and pellets".

The most important feature of the FX Chronograph, for me, is its portability. For this reason, I choose it for the local rifle range over the Lab Radar unit, which is only used in my basement.

Which chronograph(s) do you currently use?

I have had mine for a while and I love it.

No lights needed, indoor, outdoor, and app records data easily reviewable saved on your phone, whats not to like. It has been trouble free and I use it almost everytime I shoot.

Have used it on Dreamline, Uragan, Airmaks, AEA, BSA and my HW50s and has been flawless. 

I just like the convenience of it over my old Competion Electronics one.

Which chronograph(s) do you currently use?

The chrony i use is the beta chrony, blue version. It will read fps, give your shot string, ES, SD. Thats basically all I need. It does require a light source when shooting indoors so I built my own from a led light strip and hook up to a lipo battery. It never give me an error cause the light led above. If you just use ceiling light in the house, most of the time you get error reading. Thats why I build my own light source. If shooting outside it does not require light.

20220227_130235.1645988925.jpg

I don't own an FX and I don't intend to clutter up your thread with a bunch nonsense about old existing tech but based on the reviews and tests I've seen, plus bamavet's testimony, I'd buy one in a hearbeat if all I shot were pellets and sub's or if the FX worked on super's.

I own beta model CHRONY now and it's a royal PITA to set up at a public range or even at the members only range when other people are on the firing line. Most public ranges I've been to won't even consider letting me set up equipment on the other side of the line.

The convenience and portability of the FX chrono is VERY appealing, I just wish it could handle super's as well. As it is, I'll probably get a Magnetospeed one of these days when I'm tired of the aggravation of setting up the CHRONY.

As far as "recent" reviews go, have you seen this one from about 3-4 months ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc1h5mQ1SIE

The FX Chrony will give you mobility and let's you measure where you shoot if it's mounted on your airgun. Not "stuck" on a bench-setup like with a traditional chrono. Can mount the FX Chrony under the barrel where it does not touch it so the POI remains steady.

Any potential problems with the FX Chrony are usually because of the user. You have to understand how radar works and what can affect the readings. The box has an antenna/sensor facing almost perpendicular to the front. The effective measuring range is about 1-5 feet from the end of the muzzle. Extending an imaginary line from the front of the box parallel to the muzzle direction, the two lines must not be off very much because the sensor's field of view horizontally and vertically is limited. See the attached datasheet The best is the have the radar "beam" intersect the pellet 's path about 1-2 feet in front of the muzzle. If you mount it below the muzzle and further back a bit then once you set it up you can forget about it. Using a tripod is fine, but understand how the pellet path and radar sensor must be "aimed" each and every time if the FX chrony is not mounted on the airgun.

Another thing to watch out for: nearby surroundings. Any metal or solid objects in front of the muzzle within about 5-8 feet can cause interference with the readings due to reflections. Best to not have anything in about a 90 degree path in front of the muzzle up to about 8 feet at least.