• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

So what staple gun do you use?

Some days I can get pissed off by the simplest things. 😆 😠

One of those times is when you have a target and you are walking out to hang it. I use a staple gun because that's what many ranges use. But once in a while, more often than not I go to hang the target and on the second staple my staple gun gets jammed. And boy does it ever. Of course I bought the worst one that seems to jam the most, so fiddling with it can be a issue. By the time I'm done or look up, I find that all the other shooters have already walked back. 😆 One of the rangemasters tells me the dewalt brand is pretty good and easy to tear down to pull the staples out. Who has a dewalt and how is it working for you? 

Or what other ways do you go hanging you targets? 

Oh for me, I seem to have the most trouble with the PowerShot model 5700

20220321_175838.1647910815.jpg

Bio, looking at that points out something that I did really did not think about . It's weird the how a picture can bring you pain and that's what that unit reminds me of. I have several of those in the garage somewhere. Maybe even as a backup in the car. It's actually my dad's from the 70s. But using it kicks off a pain in my hand and wrist. Maybe I should be getting a cordless like boscoebrea is using instead. 🤔 

Bio, looking at that points out something that I did really did not think about . It's weird the how a picture can bring you pain and that's what that unit reminds me of. I have several of those in the garage somewhere. Maybe even as a backup in the car. It's actually my dad's from the 70s. But using it kicks off a pain in my hand and wrist. Maybe I should be getting a cordless like boscoebrea is using instead. 🤔 

Yup, sounds like you could use something that was not as difficult to squeeze then. This one has a pretty stout spring on it fer sure.

We use a cheapo electric stapler, cant recall the brand but it probably break soon.

I have been contemplating if i build a better pellet trap this summer, maybe at least along the very top, make it so you can use magnets to hold papers.

My plan is to make something that in size will at least hold 2 X 3 BR50 papers ( 2 rows horizontal )

Got some small Neodymium magnets that are 10 x 10 x 4 mm a couple of those i see no reason to why they couldn't hold a BR50 paper

So i really like how small looking the milwaukee m12 is and that you can swap batteries. Unfortunately I have a full load of dewalt battery operated tools and not one milwaukee so a battery and charger will need to be purchased as well. It makes something that sounds like a good idea not so great. 

milwaukee-staple-guns-2447-20-48-11-2420-64_1000.1647992874.jpg

Dewalt does not offer anything small that I can put in my range bags. 

I'm only going to use this for targets. So it does not need to be heavy duty just reliable and easy to tear down if a staple gets stuck. I have a roll of tape incase I need to but all the ranges I go to allow staples. The tape is in case the stapler does not work. 

I'm thinking the cordless arrow but dislike that the battery is not removable or that I need a power outlet if the battery is dead.

The harbor freight is inexpensive but I don't like the rear loading. Makes it a little more difficult to fix a jam.

57241_W3.1647993019.jpg

Although not hard to unjam when you have a screwdriver to tear down the PowerShot, I'm going to be pretty irritated to have to walk more than a hundred yards back to my bench, fix the jam, then wait until the next break session to hang my target. Even if I brought a screwdriver with me. It will spoil my day if that little nut drops and disappears.

https://youtu.be/pay2fPiIqn0

While waiting for the cheap cordless stapler to come in I went to home depot for some other stuff and found the plastic resin dewalt. Boy this is easy to squeeze! It is advertised as being over 20 percent easier to squeeze than other manual staplers! And super light as well!

It looks to also have a no tool easy to unjam mechanism. 

20220323_184051.1648087604.jpg

20220323_184006.1648087606.jpg

If the cordless works out good I think this will be my backup. If not it will be my primary.

Allen