So what staple gun do you use?

Oh the loading door does expose all of the staples without tools in the electric stapler so unjaming will hopefully be a non issue.

20220323_200458.1648091208.jpg

Allen

I usually use about 8 small pieces of masking tape to secure paper targets, two strips ripped into fours. One for each corner and one for each side so the wind won’t get behind the target like a sail on gusty days. A lot of the time I reuse some of the same pieces several times over. I haven’t had any issues thus far. If I use a stapler it’s whatever I have on me or is already at the range. 

We use a cheapo electric stapler, cant recall the brand but it probably break soon.

I have been contemplating if i build a better pellet trap this summer, maybe at least along the very top, make it so you can use magnets to hold papers.

My plan is to make something that in size will at least hold 2 X 3 BR50 papers ( 2 rows horizontal )

Got some small Neodymium magnets that are 10 x 10 x 4 mm a couple of those i see no reason to why they couldn't hold a BR50 paper

You could design it to use a banana clips. I have that on one of my traps. Holds it nice and tight. With magnets they sometimes start to lose magnetism if the metal plate is hit. 

20220313_181406.1648259486.jpg

After using the electric and the carbon fiber Composite dewalt Stapler a couple days I find I really like the this Dewalt! It's lite, very light listed as 0.014 lbs! And although also listed as 25 percent easier to squeeze than the older staplers it feels more like 50 percent easier with my damaged hands. So far no initial pain with using it. Although I'm not using it repetitively. I will have to see also if I have any pain related to using it the next day. 

I think I will have to get used to the electric one. It requires you to push the stapler up against the paper enough to depress the safety before anything can fire. This maybe a problem at the range I go to as they use a plastic poster board that is often shot up and barely hanging onto the wood frame it is on. It is not as easy as it sounds at home either since I have to lean over something at the house range to put the targets up at the 34 yard point. The electric stapler also has a on off switch that possibly could be accidentally left on causing potential issue like a dead battery. The dewalt will shoot the 9/16 staples easily without the need to overcome a spring safety. Did I mention how light the dewalt is ??? 😊👍

I will stick some tape on the side of each of the staplers in case I have a failure. That way I'm not out on the field longer than I need to. 

Allen.