So…thoughts on the FX Crown MKIII (MK3) 👀

Hmmm. I have a 500mm superlight superior setup like this, but have not had enough time with it to say on the poi subject. I also have a 500mm St (liner-less barrel) which of course does not have this issue. But I always take the 380mm stx pellet a hunting, and I've seen it over and over. If I ever left the barrel on the gun it would settle in. I've gotten it to before. Maybe because I'm always swapping barrels that's the issue.... Sounds like I should put a sleeve in the short barrel, though it has always shot phenomenal without *when zeroed*

Hmmm. I have a 500mm superlight superior setup like this, but have not had enough time with it to say on the poi subject. I also have a 500mm St (liner-less barrel) which of course does not have this issue. But I always take the 380mm stx pellet a hunting, and I've seen it over and over. If I ever left the barrel on the gun it would settle in. I've gotten it to before. Maybe because I'm always swapping barrels that's the issue.... Sounds like I should put a sleeve in the short barrel, though it has always shot phenomenal without *when zeroed*

I put the carbon sleeves on all my liners, installed the sleeves on my 320mm barrels for giggles or didn’t expect any gain thinking it’s just too short to need one but to my surprise I saw noticeable improvement even at very low power. That’s just my experience on two 177 320mm barrels, it would be interesting to see if you will also see improvement from the sleeve.

I cut the 600mm liner in half which worked out great for 2 320mm liners with about 1.5 inch extra. If you have a .25 380mm barrel you might just need to cut a 500mm sleeve, doesn’t need to be perfect cut since it’s not butting up against anything. 

I am looking to get my first FX and currently lusting after a crown with grs stock. But every time I am about to click the buy button, I can't help but wonder if Crown mk3 is just around the corner...
Or you could wait for he MKIV. No matter what FX does to the Crown I doubt you will see an appreciable change in precision and accuracy. Just click the button.

Reactions: rigbymauser
The 2 biggest differences from mk1 to mk2 were a bigger plenum, and 4 screws to hold the barrel. This gave slightly more power, and better accuracy. What can they do to the mk3? Even bigger plenum? They’ve run out of room in the block, which means something external. I like the crown because of its classic styling. Start adding external mods, and it takes away fro mother streamlined looks. I think the mk3 crown is a long ways out. It’s fine the way it is!!

The 2 biggest differences from mk1 to mk2 were a bigger plenum, and 4 screws to hold the barrel. This gave slightly more power, and better accuracy. What can they do to the mk3? Even bigger plenum? They’ve run out of room in the block, which means something external. I like the crown because of its classic styling. Start adding external mods, and it takes away fro mother streamlined looks. I think the mk3 crown is a long ways out. It’s fine the way it is!!
My Mk1 still has 4 barrel screws. I think it's technically a gen 3 mk1. Mine has Pic rail but is 0 moa where mk2 is 20 moa