• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

So…thoughts on the FX Crown MKIII (MK3) 👀

You probably clicked thinking the MK3 was announced and you were out of the loop…well no it has not been announced yet. I just want to gather some thoughts from the community. 

So of course…I’m sure the dual regulator system will be introduced. I kinda hope they just partner up with GRS and just use their designs including a new design for a synthetic model. 580cc should be standard. Externally adjustable hammer spring should be there. Maybe a harmonic stabilizer? I really doubt they’d do much more honestly…considering that they may want to introduce a newer mechanism for the flagship Impact M4 or MK4 or whatever they call it. Someone once mentioned that the barrel on the Impact M3 was rumored to recycle air. I hope they put that in the new crown kind of like how they introduced the dual regulators in the Maverick first. Maybe a new liner? Who knows…thoughts?

Reactions: dgeesaman
Honestly not hardly a thing that needs to be changed. Maybe a valve travel stop like impact would be cool. I and many others have no care or desire for dual regs. Hammer spring is adjustable externally, and has been since day one of Crown Mk1. And personally I feel anything larger than a 480 bottle is a disservice to the gun's balance and character. Now if you only shoot from a bench or rest, that's another story. Harmonic balancer.... Not needed. Though this gun does need a tensioned barrel system. That is what it lacks the most. 

Honestly not hardly a thing that needs to be changed. Maybe a valve travel stop like impact would be cool. I and many others have no care or desire for dual regs. Hammer spring is adjustable externally, and has been since day one of Crown Mk1. And personally I feel anything larger than a 480 bottle is a disservice to the gun's balance and character. Now if you only shoot from a bench or rest, that's another story. Harmonic balancer.... Not needed. Though this gun does need a tensioned barrel system. That is what it lacks the most.

Well I mean the finer “quick tune” hammer spring adjustment seen on the M3. But yeah I agree with you.

I have to agree. There is not much lacking on the Crown MK2. I believe it is the “ bee’s knees” of air rifles. Mine is the Saber Tactical chassis version in .22. I would like to see a step up in quality of the gauges and that is about it. My rifle shoots both NSA slugs and JSB 18.13 better than I could have ever hoped. I’m sure the design team at FX is busy researching improvements but I don’t honestly know what can be made better.

Kenny

HAVE 2 LOVE BOTH MkII's

Crown Hawke.1649447568.jpg
Crown Trijiconi.1649447575.jpg

It shoots perfect *when* it shoots perfect. God forbid I prop it in a corner or slightly bump the barrel. Or look at it funny. I have to re-zero every time I pull the gun out. If I bump it in the woods, I have to re-zero, but when put to the task, it's pretty much unbeatable when it actually comes to accuracy and capability. 

Reactions: dgeesaman
It shoots perfect *when* it shoots perfect. God forbid I prop it in a corner or slightly bump the barrel. Or look at it funny. I have to re-zero every time I pull the gun out. If I bump it in the woods, I have to re-zero, but when put to the task, it's pretty much unbeatable when it actually comes to accuracy and capability.

wow man, both my long range and compact mk2's hold set very well in the field.

thru downed tree limbs and potato thorn vines.........

i've been tripped up in them damn vines and the compact kinda hit the ground in my hands,

best i could do !!

Haha lol God forbid 😆. I think yours is a more extreme case though…you sure it’s not the scope?

Free floating barrel is THE BEST for accuracy, it's proven beyond doubt. Dual reg would be nice for pellets/low reg but I set my regs at 140-150 so really don't need the dual reg as much. However a bigger plenum somehow would be awesome and external preload adjustment would be nice but not necessary. Then again I have 2 MK2 so don't see myself buying the MK3 with minor improvements, thy are simply phenomenal. 

Reactions: ladwict
Maybe the mk2 has better barrel fitment. I have Mk1 with the 4 set screws and 0moa Pic rail

I also had a Mk1 with 4 set screws and they are exactly the same as the MK2. I also don't like to torque it down really tight either and I think I had minor POI shift but ever since I installed carbon sleeve on all my barrels had zero issues. Got both STX and super light barrels on mine with STX tensioned and no way to tension the super light barrels but both have not shifted POI at all on me, absolutely pellet on pellet accurate without environmental variables day to day even on first shots.