• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning So the newer impacts have two transfer ports you can choose from?

So I'm messing with my impact and decide to remove the barrel assembly rather than leaving the barrel in, or pull just the liner out to clean. I see two transfer ports and corresponding slots in which I can clock the barrel. The other hole is way smaller. Is this for the sub 12 lb. People who have to limit the amount of power ?

20201202_211113.1606973215.jpg
20201202_211106.1606973216.jpg

It is a factory stock part now, do not worry.

My new Compact .22 Impact came with the same transfer port as yours.

You will notice that the large port is oblong now as well instead of being round. It is part of the FX design change evolution being implemented.

It is designed to give you an option to easily reduce the power on your Impact for close range, reduced power, or indoor shooting.

My impact had it, when I purchased in the spring? Also the factory ovaled tp in 700mm, my 600mm barrel kit purchased at the same only had the larger tp, which I’m cool with, because I would never use that small side? Actually, it has already caused me some grief, don’t be a DA like me and put your barrel in and just rotate until the notch falls in place! Duel notches mean you may be high or you may be low? The first crony shot will tell you, but it is a “what the Hell”? Moment 🤔

I purchased my FX Impact MK II 600mm STX w/PP .22cal back in March. Mine has the two transfer ports. In fact, recently after cleaning and reinstalling the barrel, I inadvertently installed with the smaller transfer port down. I thought I has broken the rifle as FPS was dramatically reduced. I nearly had a panic attack to say the least. I’m still working on a tune where the POI doesn’t change or shift. I’m thinking of dropping the muzzle velocity to 880 - 900 FPS using JBS 18.13gr.