So long Cabela's...I hardly knew ya.

I hate to see this since it has to make some things higher? As long as they leave PA alone I"ll be happy.

If the fall of 2012 I put "best .22 bold action rifle" in google. I found rimfirecentral. And too many CZ rifles. By the end of 2012 just after Sandy Hook many were posting they could not find ammo and others were saying remember we warned you in 08. Then I got a Cabelas visa card for $5 shipping on any order. ;) Ammo was coming at 43lbs a box for only $5 shipping. $5,000 later between Cabelas and KSS in Texas I had enough ammo. Of course by Feb of 2013 everyone put a limit on it. The reason I mention this here on AGN is its one of the reasons air gunning has exploded when so many had trouble finding ammo.

PA gets most of my orders now. But Cabelas was my go too online ordering for years and the no tax in Tennessee was also nice.

I don't think there will be anything like an antitrust lawsuit because there are so many outdoors/sporting goods stores that compete with all or part of Cabelas and Bass Pro. Academy, Dicks, Scheels, Gander Mountain, WalMart, Amazon, REI (for camping, clothing, Farm & Home., etc. ...you get the point. It is still a very active marketplace. And I'm sure you've already thought of two or three I didn't mention!

Back in the day we would order from Cabela catalogs and if things didn't fit you just shipped it back no questions asked. There was no store to go to. If you bought something with the Cabela name on it they would replace it at anytime if it failed....fast forward 27 years......

Well I tested that the other day. I had a pair of leather/rubber boots that I bought back in 1989. They were starting to show signs of dry rot at the root of the rubber/leather seam. They still looked good otherwise as I only wear them as a around the house boot when it snows. I took them in, showed them to their associate at the returns desk and they said if it says Cabela on the product it's good for life. He told me to go get a similar pair and they would swap them out no problem. I did, they did, and I will always shop at Cabela's because of the great customer service.

I sure hope with the new owners that Cabela's keeps up their great customer service.

"FunGun"Back in the day we would order from Cabela catalogs and if things didn't fit you just shipped it back no questions asked. There was no store to go to. If you bought something with the Cabela name on it they would replace it at anytime if it failed....fast forward 27 years......

Well I tested that the other day. I had a pair of leather/rubber boots that I bought back in 1989. They were starting to show signs of dry rot at the root of the rubber/leather seam. They still looked good otherwise as I only wear them as a around the house boot when it snows. I took them in, showed them to their associate at the returns desk and they said if it says Cabela on the product it's good for life. He told me to go get a similar pair and they would swap them out no problem. I did, they did, and I will always shop at Cabela's because of the great customer service.

I sure hope with the new owners that Cabela's keeps up their great customer service.
That's amazing. I can't believe they replaced a pair of boots from 1989. I mean, you can't exactly claim the boots were defective if they lasted that long. I have never owned any footwear at any price range that lasted even half that long. 

I looked on the Cabelas site a few times. They had great pricing on Crossman products. If I wanted anything they sold, I would have given them a shot. 

"zebra"
"FunGun"Back in the day we would order from Cabela catalogs and if things didn't fit you just shipped it back no questions asked. There was no store to go to. If you bought something with the Cabela name on it they would replace it at anytime if it failed....fast forward 27 years......

That's amazing. I can't believe they replaced a pair of boots from 1989. I mean, you can't exactly claim the boots were defective if they lasted that long. I have never owned any footwear at any price range that lasted even half that long. 

I looked on the Cabelas site a few times. They had great pricing on Crossman products. If I wanted anything they sold, I would have given them a shot.
A few days before, I actually was in the store buying a pair of Keen boots and told the salesman that I had a "bone to pick" with Cabela's, joking of course that I had a pair of boots that were not holding up that well, he said bring them back and they would make it right was what he said. I then went on to tell him that I actually bought the boots in 1989 and he asked if they said "Cabela's" on them and I told him yes they did. And you know the rest of the story. I really didn't bring them back expecting them to replace them but they did! I was very impressed and told them they had a customer for life.

I have a leather coat they sold me some years ago and when the lining failed even though they had said lifetime guarantee they REFUSED to make it good saying that the manufacturer was no longer around and that they had no comparable items in their current inventory lineup. They were a FINE company 30 years ago but have been on a downhill slide and steadily higher and higher prices since but at my age I am no longer in the target demographic! :(

Thurmond