• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

So is this a running change with the tensioned barrel?

Prior to getting the 800mm tensioned barrel setup a couple weeks ago I remembered a video about tightening the nut on the tension system really tight. But when I got my 800 mm tensioned barrel setup I got this...

20220703_215748.jpg

I was like , uh... how am I going to tighten this thing that tight with just that small hole?

Then yesterday the 700 mm tensioned shroud comes in and now I get one with a nut without the hole. (Air stripper? 😁)

20220703_214634.jpg

What happened? Why a different style?

Allen

That piece screws onto the liner jamnut and It's recommended that you tighten "snugly" AND apply a tiny bit of mild loctite just to prevent it from unscrewing when you are unscrewing your moderator from the front end. There is no need to crank down on it "really tight". A 1/4 turn after making contact with the CF shroud should suffice. Just be sure to apply a tiny bit of mild loctite to keep it in place.

As for the 18mm nut design, I guess it allows you to snug it down easier with a wrench rather than trying to do it with a hex key pushed through the "air stripper" holes which were there primarily to allow you to replace the different size stainless nipples that come on the new M3 shrouds.

As for the 18mm nut design, I guess it allows you to snug it down easier with a wrench rather than trying to do it with a hex key pushed through the "air stripper" holes which were there primarily to allow you to replace the different size stainless nipples that come on the new M3 shrouds.

It is interesting that you mentioned that. You would think since the 800 barrel was originally purchased as a .22 it would have a smaller insert. The 700mm tensioner on the other hand since it is sold as a tensioner only would least have a selection of three inserts.... Nope.
The 800 mm barrel has a insert with a inner diameter almost .35 and the 700 with the nut is a hair over .30! Interesting huh? Almost like the different sized inserts was either a gimmick or the difference between a small and a large insert is not a big deal enough to have different sizes.

20220703_214634.jpg

The end with the hole is better looking when assembled though.

Allen