• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

So I thought my .25 Marauder was cool.....

.....until I stumbled upon the Mountain Air .30 caliber conversion kit. Now it's even cooler and makes BIGGER holes in stuff!!!! Shot several groups getting a feel for it, this one was the best, but it shot many others VERY close to it. I've always liked the way this rifle shot, felt "right" in a Ruger 10/22 kind of way. It's a keeper!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/Sabre002/864B6CE0-3BB4-4964-80B3-3D531CE1EEC5_zpsm6zjqb25.jpg

Honest 50 yards, off the bench obviously, with a WalMart Tasco scope. I think it's time to buy some real glass for this one. 

http://www.airguns.net/classifieds/show_ad.php?adNum=106945&adSort=&StartingAd=50&NumberOfPages=6

Hope the cross-posting is OK. I found Roy Weid through this ad, then contacted him directly. Super nice guy, very helpful, did everything he said he would, faster than he said he would. 

The install looked a bit daunting on paper, but only took about 30 minutes in real time. Access to a lathe made it easier for me to open the shroud cap and baffles up as required, but you should be able to get a good result on a drill press too. 

Just ordered the conversion from Roy. Very nice guy to talk with and sounds like he does alot of custom work aside from what he advertises. based on what Roy said, a .30 conversion shooting the 44gr JSB's should shoot roughly the same fps as what your gun will shoot .25 cal eunjin 43 gr pellets. Also, if you want .30 magazines, you need to get them from airgun labs. They are $44 each or $75 for 2.

The conversion is a drop in fit standard marauder barrel length of 20in in a 1:26 twist from TJ barrel liners. Also comes with a custom .30 bolt or you can send in your bolt for conversion to .30. Price is $250 plus shipping. My total from Georgia to Ohio is $261.65. The only mods you need to do to the gun are bore out the baffles and end cap. I hate to change my current 2 .25 marauders for this conversion since both are dialed in, so I will probably purchase another gun and WAR valve for this build. Will probably be awhile before it is all put together, but I will post about it once it is done.

Didn't get any real chrony data, don't own one just yet. However, just like the rifle did in .25, it'd get ~14-17 shots before getting stupid. Once my rifle hit 2000PSI, in .25 or so far in .30, it starts spraying them around. Three shots after I shot that group pictured, it hit 2000 PSI and the group expanded to 6" or more. Hopefully this weekend I'll get some rounds through it and maybe even turn some tuning screws to see how it acts. I'm way early in the process with this gun, but excited with the early results.