Kral Arms So I surprised myself

H&N HP2 27gr slugs shoot very well @960 out my Impact.
That's some nice power, and as long as they're accurate, that's what matters.

I'm still running a choked barrel, so I'm going to see where I end up with pellets accuracy/power wise before I chop the choke and run slugs.

Reactions: coastal drifter
Ordered the H&N 217 and 218 slug samplers in standard and heavy. Hopefully at least one of those is a winner.

Also plan on using a Huma shroud kit for a BSA scorpion on this rig. Should help dampen more, and will cover more of the barrel giving a bigger chamber for the blast. The shroud I made already found a home on my 13" barrel setup going on another bottle gun.

It never ends...

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Got the 25.4 apolo pellets in today and those are right around 60 fpe. Jsb 33.95 came in as well doing 60 fpe. Guess the rifle is maxed out for now. Probably won't try and get anymore from it honestly. What's the point? Lol

Apolo:

1000006904.jpg

Jsb:

1000006905.jpg

Sadly I ordered a cheap tin of the jsb off ebay, and they came pretty banged up. Dunno if they'll prove accurate or not. Also came in a black unlabeled tin. Going to contact the seller and see what the deal is with that. Wasn't mentioned in the listing.

Yep, both pellets have God awful accuracy at full power. Barely group at 15 yards, and at 35 yards they're looking like buckshot.

I will wait for the slugs to show up before I tear into it and change anything. It's an airhog too, used over 50 BAR on 30 shots.
Wait did you get apolo pellets or slugs?

Got the 25.4 apolo pellets in today and those are right around 60 fpe. Jsb 33.95 came in as well doing 60 fpe. Guess the rifle is maxed out for now. Probably won't try and get anymore from it honestly. What's the point? Lol

Apolo:

View attachment 454294

Jsb:

View attachment 454295

Sadly I ordered a cheap tin of the jsb off ebay, and they came pretty banged up. Dunno if they'll prove accurate or not. Also came in a black unlabeled tin. Going to contact the seller and see what the deal is with that. Wasn't mentioned in the listing.
You bought his scraps. He’s sorting and keeping all the good ones and recouping his money by selling off his junk.

• Wow
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I found out today that it'll shoot polymags in pretty much the same hole at 35 yards, so that should be brutal when it connects with a sparrow at 32 ft lbs.
I've never really had good kuck with the polymags. The metakmags in .177 on the other hand have worked out really well in the taipan I used to have.

I've never really had good kuck with the polymags. The metakmags in .177 on the other hand have worked out really well in the taipan I used to have.
The polymags aren't going to go the distance that's for sure. They're a 50 yard and under pellet IMO, but they're devastating when they smack a bird.

The polymags aren't going to go the distance that's for sure. They're a 50 yard and under pellet IMO, but they're devastating when they smack a bird.
They wouldn't work for me at 35yds in the guns I had in the prior years, I haven't tested them in anything new. They're also too expensive for how often I shoot haha.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein