Kral Arms So I surprised myself

Since my 357 build isn't giving me the warm and fuzzies, I decided to steal the bighorn drop block and 500cc bottle to put on this extra NP03 action I have. Ported the block out to 13/64, and the barrel to 11/64 before I go up with ovalling the port. The bighorn exhaust port is 6mm.

I filled to 250 bar, added the hammer weight @Vetmx sent me, and put in a mild dual spring setup. Still easy to cock, so I figured I'd get close to 1000 fps with 21 grain ammo.

Well...... this happened.

1000006851.jpg

Plan to cut the choke off and make it a slug gun, but wanted to see what she put out first. Should do quite well with slugs at this power level.

1000006853.jpg

The power is completely overwhelming my DIY moderator I have on there and I have to wear my Ear Pro lol.

Got some more time with it today after my side jobs. Even at the lowest hammer tension it's still slinging a 21 grain fast. That's the heaviest pellet I have on hand currently.
1000006860.jpg

Trigger is almost too light but doesn't slip the sear, so I guess I'll leave it. Probably order some H&N slug samplers to try after I cut the choke off.

Got some more time with it today after my side jobs. Even at the lowest hammer tension it's still slinging a 21 grain fast. That's the heaviest pellet I have on hand currently. View attachment 453421

Trigger is almost too light but doesn't slip the sear, so I guess I'll leave it. Probably order some H&N slug samplers to try after I cut the choke off.
Jeez man, don't forget to bring that power house down here for the iguanas lol. How much psi is that using for shot though?

Jeez man, don't forget to bring that power house down here for the iguanas lol. How much psi is that using for shot though?
I wish I could get down there and blast those Iggys. I've went through only 20 BAR on 30 shots or so messing with the tune. I will fill to 300 BAR soon and set a nice curve at 50 or so FPE. Hell, if it shoots these 5.52mm baracuda with any accuracy, I might abort going down the slug rabbit hole again.

I wish I could get down there and blast those Iggys. I've went through only 20 BAR on 30 shots or so messing with the tune. I will fill to 300 BAR soon and set a nice curve at 50 or so FPE. Hell, if it shoots these 5.52mm baracuda with any accuracy, I might abort going down the slug rabbit hole again.
I'll do you one better, if it shoots those great, you try some apolo slugs. They have 21gr 25gr and 28gr 250ct tins for $11-$13 a tin and they shoot great.

• Love
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I will definitely give them a try. Never hear anything on them really.
Most people look at them and expect bad accuracy because they are slightly dimpled from being in a tin that's a little loose. But I have personally taken iguanas out to 180yds with them in my old impact mk2 and both of my previous k1 and vulcan 3 liked these slugs a lot. I'm gonna try them in the katran bl that arrived a few days ago.

• Haha
@JaceSpace1369

I ordered some apolo 25 grain pellets to try, and some jsb Beast 33.95s. Hopefully those fit my magazine, or I'll have to dig out my single shot tray. I figure 1130 fps with 21s, should translate to 850-900 with 34 grain pellets.

Hopefully it will do even more and I'm maxing out those 21s at 1130 fps. IME, if you're pushing a decently heavy pellet that fast, you will gain even more energy going with a heavier pellet. I'd love to see 70 fpe in 22!

Got home from work and tried some pellets on a conservative tune of 975 fps with 21 grain baracudas. They don't like the barrel at all. I tried slowing them down and it got worse, faster tightened the group but still fliers every few shots.

I switched to jsb 18s and they started to stack for the most part, even going over 1000 fps. Hope that means the 33.95 Beasts will work well. Need to get some MRDs to try out also.

Got home from work and tried some pellets on a conservative tune of 975 fps with 21 grain baracudas. They don't like the barrel at all. I tried slowing them down and it got worse, faster tightened the group but still fliers every few shots.

I switched to jsb 18s and they started to stack for the most part, even going over 1000 fps. Hope that means the 33.95 Beasts will work well. Need to get some MRDs to try out also.
Dang sorry to hear that, I'd figure the 21gr barracuda would shoot good around 930ish. I'll see about posting some groups with the apolos tomorrow. I have the katran shooting 21gr 217 slugs around 940fps shooting great! I got some decent shooting with the 25gr but I didnt check grouping. I have all 3 slug weights.

Dang sorry to hear that, I'd figure the 21gr barracuda would shoot good around 930ish. I'll see about posting some groups with the apolos tomorrow. I have the katran shooting 21gr 217 slugs around 940fps shooting great! I got some decent shooting with the 25gr but I didnt check grouping. I have all 3 slug weights.
I wasn't expecting them to group well honestly. I've never had good luck with the Cuda in 22, but my 55 fpe 25 caliber stacks them all day at 75 yards. Really need to try that gun out to 100+ and see what it does.

The Katran sounds like it's coming along nicely!

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I wasn't expecting them to group well honestly. I've never had good luck with the Cuda in 22, but my 55 fpe 25 caliber stacks them all day at 75 yards. Really need to try that gun out to 100+ and see what it does.

The Katran sounds like it's coming along nicely!
Thus far, yes it is! I've had mild success with the 31gr cudas in .25. H&N slugs shoot much better than the pellets in my experience