So I did a thing. Buying some property.

He’s going to be able to shoot and have a lot of fun… Long Island is the place he is leaving behind… did you not read the OP?
Me L.Leon, thank you for catching my mistake. I was totally wrong. Guilty of a knee jerk response. I did not throughly READ and comprehend the op post. I will try and do better going forward. Again thank you sir.

Reactions: L.Leon
@crittahitta Awesome news, we’re up in Binghamton this weekend dropping my son off at college. It’s beautiful up here, would love a place in the mountains
Awesome. That is a great school. My niece will be going there next year for school and play lacrosse. When I get a house built you can use it to visit your daughter.

If you don"t know yet. There is a gun club very close to were you are going to be that holds FT competitions every month if interested.
BCSA.
Yes I have gone to a few to watch a few years ago. I have a few friends that live up there and go to the FT matches. Can’t wait to get a house built and eventually move up there.

Reactions: glr59
My friend has a cattle ranch in Broome country. He's an avid hunter and I've spent a considerable amount of time hunting there. It's a great area. They got the biggest coyotes I've heard of up there. I believe that you can hunt and shoot on your own property up there if.
1 outside Binghamton
2 more than 500' from a building. It doesn't have to be occupied either so a old barn counts.
3 can't shoot from or across a public road.
4 your projectiles can't leave your property.
5 common sense stuff like having a safe trap and not shooting in the direction of populated area. (Wreck less discharge of a firearm)
6 There's a minimum distance from a school too.

The cops in some of the lower upstate counties have been writing tickets for the 500' thing even if it's you're too close to a neighbor that you shoot together. They are harassing gun owners without cause.

I just went through all of this. I'm moving off Long Island myself. I chose to leave NY.

Broome county is a great area. Best of luck to you.
Ron

Ohhh I just remembered nys dec rules not long ago said airguns used for hunting can be any caliber but had to be at least 600 fps. That was when airguns were only allowed to hunt small game. I think recently that they've been considering big bore air guns for big game. I'm not sure what happened with that.
Good luck

Reactions: crittahitta