So how many Massachusetts people are here?

My $.02 is Marlboro Fish and Game for a place to shoot. Small range , but everything you need. When I lived in Mass there was a core group shooting together each week. Reach out to John or Zee at New England AirGuns for times and contacts.
when I retire again I will be taking the drive down to Marlboro .
Mitch

Both fantastic people!

Reactions: mh
Indeed, John S was instrumental in introducing air guns to Marlboro Fish & Game and for getting permission to use them on the range. Still, it took a core group of new members to convince MF&G that airguns and firearms could be compatible on the same range and to advance the idea of field target shooting and the possibility of hosting local matches. Our core group invited other MF&G members to weekend target practice with us and subsequently joined AAFTA. We also self-funded the purchase of range equipment and targets (many of which were purchased from New England Airgun) that are necessary for hosting AAFTA sanctioned matches. With that, Marlboro Airgunners was born. For others who might be thinking of forming a new local airgun club, I just want to summarize the path that we followed to form our active airgun group. Although it was not easy, the experience has been worthwhile.

Indeed, John S was instrumental in introducing air guns to Marlboro Fish & Game and for getting permission to use them on the range. Still, it took a core group of new members to convince MF&G that airguns and firearms could be compatible on the same range and to advance the idea of field target shooting and the possibility of hosting local matches. Our core group invited other MF&G members to weekend target practice with us and subsequently joined AAFTA. We also self-funded the purchase of range equipment and targets (many of which were purchased from New England Airgun) that are necessary for hosting AAFTA sanctioned matches. With that, Marlboro Airgunners was born. For others who might be thinking of forming a new local airgun club, I just want to summarize the path that we followed to form our active airgun group. Although it was not easy, the experience has been worthwhile.

And a fine job you have done.
My wife and I enjoyed your first official FT event and we will make the trip from the NYC area come September

Another Masshole here and a founding member of Marlboro Airgunners. Starting with a core group of about 6 people, we were able to get our club up and running in about a year. Now, we are now one of the 6 active members of the newly formed New England Field Target League that is hosting matches in CT, MA, and southern ME. Please check out www.MarlboroAirGunners.org, feel free to reach out to us for information or ask to attend one of our weekend practice sessions. Bring your own equipment or ask to use our loaner rifles. We are always looking for new members to share our love of aspects of airgunning.
HI MIldot. We are neighbors I live in Maynard I just moved back here I was living in AZ and NM for a while. Question at the www.MarlboroAirGunners.org do you alllow semi autos. Or should I say do you have any shooting events for semi Autos I am planning on buying a Huben.

HI MIldot. We are neighbors I live in Maynard I just moved back here I was living in AZ and NM for a while. Question at the www.MarlboroAirGunners.org do you alllow semi autos. Or should I say do you have any shooting events for semi Autos I am planning on buying a Huben.
You are permitted to shoot a semi auto at Marlboro Fish & Game if you are a member or guest. You are also welcome to shoot in any of our Field Target matches provided you are shooting .177 or .22 caliber with less than 20fpe. However, at the present time, Marlboro Airgunners is not planning any specific events for semi autos.

I was born in MA, does that count? 😉
So was I, and I stayed until I was 30. Almost entire childhood spent in the same town where Gillette Stadium is (not its name when I lived there).

I never heard the term Masshole used anywhere until years after I’d moved away. But we had great self-deprecating other names: Massatoilet Community College, Bilgewater Community College (hmm...bit of a trend here towards fecal themes), Asshole (for Athol), Foulmouth (for Falmouth). Type of humor not always appreciated by folks from other regions, but I love it. Oh, well!

So was I, and I stayed until I was 30. Almost entire childhood spent in the same town where Gillette Stadium is (not its name when I lived there).

I never heard the term Masshole used anywhere until years after I’d moved away. But we had great self-deprecating other names: Massatoilet Community College, Bilgewater Community College (hmm...bit of a trend here towards fecal themes), Asshole (for Athol), Foulmouth (for Falmouth). Type of humor not always appreciated by folks from other regions, but I love it. Oh, well!

One of our Marlboro Airgunners Target purchased to “honor” the Commonwealth, the Mass Hole 😀

1687116838196.jpeg