• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

So how many Massachusetts people are here?

Hi thanks of the info where are they located on Meetup.com or a different sight can you point me in the direction thanks.
Checkout this thread for the answers:

-Marty

Reactions: edin508
Checkout this thread for the answers:

-Marty
Looks like the Marlboro club is quite active. I'm a member of the Walpole Sportsman's club, would love to start an air gun group there.

Looks like the Marlboro club is quite active. I'm a member of the Walpole Sportsman's club, would love to start an air gun group there.
The more, the merrier! If you can get 3-4 people to join it should take off.

That said, it does take a bit of organizing to get a course together and to buy targets.

-Marty

The more, the merrier! If you can get 3-4 people to join it should take off.

That said, it does take a bit of organizing to get a course together and to buy targets.

-Marty
I will need to look into it. I've never been to an air gun match or shoot, so I wouldn't know where to start besides looking for other members to join in. We do have over 500 members so there has got to be some that are interested in air guns. Looks like it's time for me to start going down a rabbit hole. Our furthest rifle range is 120 yards so that should be a good start.

I will need to look into it. I've never been to an air gun match or shoot, so I wouldn't know where to start besides looking for other members to join in. We do have over 500 members so there has got to be some that are interested in air guns. Looks like it's time for me to start going down a rabbit hole. Our furthest rifle range is 120 yards so that should be a good start.
500! That is a deep pool to fish from. There is a tournament taking place at the MRA around June 10th, if you’d like to watch and see what it’s all about. Field Target doesn’t go beyond 55 yards but it’s very challenging given the size of the targets. Lots of fun!

-Marty

PS. We see guys from CT and RI at the MRA matches, so if you form a club and hold tournaments there is a good chance you may get attendees from nearby states.

Last edited:
I'm going to probably join the Marlboro club I just don't know if they allow semi autos I want to get a hubin
Haven’t attended one of their shoots yet so can’t say if they do or don’t allow semi-autos, but I plan to drop by in the future. Some of the guys from there also come to the MRA matches.

-Marty

500! That is a deep pool to fish from. There is a tournament taking place at the MRA around June 10th, if you’d like to watch and see what it’s all about. Field Target doesn’t go beyond 55 yards but it’s very challenging given the size of the targets. Lots of fun!

-Marty

PS. We see guys from CT and RI at the MRA matches, so if you form a club and hold tournaments there is a good chance you may get attendees from nearby states.
I will most likely be in NH for bike week on those dates, bummer the dates clash. But from what I am seeing it shouldn't be too hard to get something going at our club. We already have a 3D archery corse setup with lanes as well as a sporting clays setup throughout the woods. I think we have 20 or so stations already setup so it would just be a matter of getting targets and learning what to do and what not to do. The rifle/pistol range has a big berm at 30 yards with another at 120 that can handle about 6 shooters at the same time for sighting in time. Providing air may be an issue though, we would need to get some tanks I guess? I use a couple small compressors for my personal stuff.
Down the rabbit hole I go!

Reactions: mh and MartyMcFly
I will most likely be in NH for bike week on those dates, bummer the dates clash. But from what I am seeing it shouldn't be too hard to get something going at our club. We already have a 3D archery corse setup with lanes as well as a sporting clays setup throughout the woods. I think we have 20 or so stations already setup so it would just be a matter of getting targets and learning what to do and what not to do. The rifle/pistol range has a big berm at 30 yards with another at 120 that can handle about 6 shooters at the same time for sighting in time. Providing air may be an issue though, we would need to get some tanks I guess? I use a couple small compressors for my personal stuff.
Down the rabbit hole I go!
I can’t speak for these retailers but New England Airguns and Northeast Airguns might be good places to checkout for gear and/or sponsorship. Airgunners that go down the rabbit whole need a steady supply of gear and ammo 😂 Thus sponsoring the acquisition of starter air rifles or filling equipment may payoff for them in terms of building a new customer base.

-Marty

Another Masshole here and a founding member of Marlboro Airgunners. Starting with a core group of about 6 people, we were able to get our club up and running in about a year. Now, we are now one of the 6 active members of the newly formed New England Field Target League that is hosting matches in CT, MA, and southern ME. Please check out www.MarlboroAirGunners.org, feel free to reach out to us for information or ask to attend one of our weekend practice sessions. Bring your own equipment or ask to use our loaner rifles. We are always looking for new members to share our love of aspects of airgunning.

Last edited:
  • Love