So how are those FX Crown's doing so far ?

Dead calm this morning and shot a few magazines through the Crown and gun is dead accurate with either the 25.4's or the 34 gr MK2, I hear FX has a pretty good backlog
of orders to fill with the Crown .25 & .22. I can see ordering a .22 caliber kit for my Crown. I have a S... load of JSB .22 pellets.
My Crown right now is set up for the 25.4 JSB's shooting accurately around 920 fps.

I think i got the unlucky fx crown :( a few issues with mine out of the box. 

when i first received my fx crown and unboxed it i tried the front power wheel labeled (low,177-22,25-30) and it's super hard to turn! got a tad easier as i forced it to move a few times but still very hard to twist. 2nd issue was during full examination i noticed there is a hairline crack on the stock going around around the trigger area 
I made 2 videos on youtube here detailing my 2 issues 1st link is the power adjustment knob 2nd link is the hairline crack.
power knob issue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwcgQq92nfA&t=7s
hairline crack - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwwlxnKeAcs

If you Got it From AOA or UA I assure you that if you tell them what the problems are they will take care of you 

I think i got the unlucky fx crown :( a few issues with mine out of the box. 

when i first received my fx crown and unboxed it i tried the front power wheel labeled (low,177-22,25-30) and it's super hard to turn! got a tad easier as i forced it to move a few times but still very hard to twist. 2nd issue was during full examination i noticed there is a hairline crack on the stock going around around the trigger area 
I made 2 videos on youtube here detailing my 2 issues 1st link is the power adjustment knob 2nd link is the hairline crack.
power knob issue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwcgQq92nfA&t=7s
hairline crack - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwwlxnKeAcs

I initially got a lemon - seems like the CNC machine went off whack while it was being made - magazine could twist quite a ways while inserted into the gun and the barrel, liner and probe appear to have been out of alignment.

Cleaned the liner on delivery. No adjustments beyond hammer spring and transfer port. Chronied dead on 880 with 18gr. Shot about 500 pellets including 16, 18 and 25gr jsb, plus some H&n - all gave a 10inch or so spiral by 40-50yards.

Pushed some pellets through the liner with a plastic rod - no overt damage, but the breech end of the liner seemed pretty tight. No damage from the mag. Transfer port perfect. I did notice that the forward stroke of the cocking lever was more 'ratchety' than expected when the pellet passed into the liner itself.

Anyway took it in yesterday and credit to our dealer, Airgun Warehouse (south africa) they immediately swapped out the gun, and took it outside for me to test and ensure the new one was okay. Felt like a completely different gun - all the mechanical ratchety-ness was gone and its an absolute laser ???

Speaking of the magazine slot machining... On the old gun the mag fit quite comfortably -1mm clearance -under the (bulging bit that holds the turrets and parallax adjustment - totally spaced on the name ?) with warne 34mm high picatinny mounts and small 11mm to picatinny risers. On the new gun you can't even get the mag 70% of the way in with the scope in the same position before it bumps up against it and can't go any further. Had to change mounts completely. I've got to wonder if that wonky tolerance wasn't present throughout the breech block?

Anyway looking forward to shooting up a storm with the new one! Hope it's trouble free ???

I bought mine from airgundepot they are currently assisting me with my issue and getting me a replacement one :D .... Also as stated by member (Macros) up here i did notice with my first crown i ordered that the pellet probe looks like its not center maybe im just being nick picky but with the amount of money spent i wanted near center positioning...it seems like its closer to the side with the power knobs more, almost touching the copper thingy where it goes into hopefully that didn't effect its lifespan if there are seals in there from all the rubbing. on another note first time firing the gun it sounded closer to a 22LR and i can hear the forest crack hahaha my cousin thought i was shooting a powder burner... gun came in with all knob settings set to max. I was WOWed by how loud the gun was first time shooting it since my first PCP was a Benjamin Marauder .25 gen 2 <-- that gun was quiet.

*customers are the final inspection team :p

Well. I just joined and this is my first post. I am an old competitive shooter that had given it up for 30 years. I never took air guns seriously. Then I started reading about PCP guns and my interest was activated. I started reading about them, watched videos and reviews and had many best rifles selected. Yet, the more I read, the old proverb that I learned many years ago came to mind. Buy quality......don't skimp. In the end it's cheaper. No one can afford to own a gun that is not more accurate than the shooter. As a shooter, it is imperative to know that when you miss it is you not the gun that missed. In that mind set, I bought a Crown in .25 a month ago. It is a very expensive air rifle, but it is superb in every way. I have made no adjustments. It is as the factory set it up. The regulator is set at 135 bar. I am using the standard 25.39 grain JSB King pellet that the factory designed the new X barrel around. It shoots same hole at 20 meters. At Max hammer setting it shoots 940 fps with a 5 fps deviation. With the hammer setting at min, it shoots 640 fps. It shoots every bit as good as my Anshutz match 22 at 50 meters and maybe at a hundred. I have not shot it at that distance. In any case, I can't believe just how good this gun is. I have ordered a new barrel kit in .177. In .25 it is a bit loud for back yard use, even at the minimum setting. The factory stated that the .177 barrel won't be available 'till Sept./Oct. As another point, I bought a Discovery scope to go with the Crown. It too is superb.

I have .25 cal walnut Crown that is presently at FX USA in North Carolina for repair. I received the gun from AOA on June 1st. My first FX rifle, and I was very pleased with the looks, feel and weight of the gun. It weighed 6 lb 13 oz prior to mounting a scope. This was lighter than I expected. I cleaned the barrel prior to ever shooing, by unscrewing and removing the shroud to aid in fishing a weed trimmer string and pulling patches until clean. The shroud was reassembled and I enjoyed shooting about 2 1/2 tins of JSB pellets for a month. I do most of my shooting at 50 yds, and most of my groups were under 1" in calm conditions. July 5th, my son & I were shooting the gun an all of a sudden it was shooting about 3" right and low. All I could think at the time was something with the scope. I adjusted the elevation and windage, and a couple shots later I was on the bull again. A few accurate shots, and then the rifle was shooting high and left. I readjusted scope again until I was on target. I set the gun aside, feeling fairly sure I had a scope issue. A little while later a ground squirrel popped up close to where my target is. My son watched through binoculars as I leveled in and took a shot. There was a different sound, and the squirrel just stood there like nothing happened. I initially thought that I had forgot to load a pellet. I have been doing single shot loading without the mag. I loaded a pellet, but the squirrel had gone, so I decided to take a shot at a rock near where the squirrel was. The shot sound was like before and I never saw any dust from pellet. My son said he heard something rattle on my gun. I took a look, and there was a bulge in the shroud at barrel end. I unscrewed and removed the shroud, and falling out was a damaged air stripper and pellet fragments. The threaded end of the air stripper looked good. The front end was broken off. I screwed the air stripper back on the end of the barrel with no problems. It was an easy conclusion for me at that point that the air stripper had come unscrewed an fell off the end of the barrel. The next day I called AOA, and they said I need to call FX USA. Then called FX USA, and talked to Newman of customer service. After explaining what happened, he set me up with a return shipping label with FedEx and said repair would be covered under warranty.

It took 9 days for FedEx to get my rifle from Oregon to FX USA, arriving last Monday. Yesterday I received a call from FX USA and the customer service rep then told me that my rifle repair may not be covered by warranty. I was pretty shocked at that point, and explained to him that the only thing I have ever did with the rifle was remove the shroud to help in cleaning the barrel when I first received the gun. Never removed the air stripper or the barrel. He then said I should talk to a technician. The technician said he had never seen this happen before, and kept questioning me on what I did with the gun. he wanted to know if I checked the air stripper for tightness when I had the shroud off. I told him I only even remember the air stripper because I had to fish the weed trimmer through it to pull patches and I never checked for tightness. I told him that every time I went to shoot the gun, that I would always pull the shroud out and give a slight counter clockwise turn until I felt it drop into the slot while pulling on the shroud. I felt that was when the shroud was fully extended. He said he couldn't see how the air stripper could come off. I must have had to explain the same story to him a half dozen times, and I think he could tell by my voice that I was getting a little upset. He then apologized for all the questioning and said he had the repair parts, and the gun would be repaired the next day under warranty and shipped back. As he explained to me that the o ring on the air stripper is always in contact with the inside of the shroud, even when extended, I brought up the point that if the air stripper had never been properly tightened to the end of the barrel, then every time I pulled the shroud out to shoot the gun, giving that counter clockwise turn, that could eventually unscrew the air stripper. I don't really know how he felt about that idea, but he did say he believed I didn't do any disassembley of the gun, which I didn't.

Sorry for the long story, but I felt the details and new potential problem were important. I'll report back when I receive my gun back from FX. By the way, I asked the technician what his name was at the end of 36 minutes of conversation, and he said he was Ernest.

Lamar

1532055900_20920158385b51515c446259.52170708_DSCN3196.JPG

I have had my synthetic Crown for about a month. My experience with it is almost identical to most of the others posted here. I have my own range up to 50 Yds. In that limited range if a shot strays out of one ragged hole its me. I like everything about this gun. FX nailed it. I just shoot the 2 JSB heavies they have been the best from max power down to three.

The only thing that changes is the vertical impact pt. At 50 yds between max and 3 for the 33 gr MK 2', and the 25 gr JSB is about 2 inches. 2 inches for the drop in power and 2 inches for the difference in weight. The 33's will still shoot the ragged hole at the reduced power settings.

I am able to do this in town with neighbors and best of all no problems. Between max and 3 there is a noticeable difference in sound. I have the Donny FL which is very nice for sound reduction.

Looking forward to some shooting in the field.

Hi everyone well i got my replacement last week, took a while for me to get off work and hit the range. The new replacement which is a pepper laminate instead of synthetic. While sighting the same scope i used for my first fx crown .25 synthetic i notice this replacement seems to have a huge amount of barrel drooping at 50 yards(50 yards is what my range has only besides 100 yards). I ran out of scope elevation adjustment on my scope and still need to go 5 inches lower before i can hit the point of impact! it was a sad day for me i packed it back up and took out my marauder for the rest of the day instead. When i got home i took out a bubble level and stuck it on the flat scope mount. Then at various points on the barrel to my surprise the barrel did point down compared to the flat scope mount area. I did the same thing on my Benjamin marauder just for kicks and the bubble level looked flat all the way across. Just to note the first fx crown synthetic did not have this problem. So maybe i will try adjustable scope mounts or shim my scope, or return it...

also the pellet probe is rubbing the bottom end of that copper opening thing what you call a (breech?) where the pellet enters into the barrel before the oring, and its making it shinie in that tiny spot taking off material probably due to barrel pointy down. the first fx crown synthetic had the probe rubbing on left side with the power knobs are located how awkward.

Besides that accuracy was nice lol it all dropped into a dime size at 50 yards just like the first one i got.

@broekzwans yes i checked that aswell when i did the bubble level thinking it might been the screws but they are on tight. i checked the bubble level on the shroud and barrel holder inside the shroud both are off compared to the block where the scope mount is machined. i guess the fix is adjustable mounts since my scope cant go anymore at 50 yards need 5 more inches 

yeh gonna return it! soo much headache also since each time i insert a fully loaded magazine (16 rounds) the pellet probe slides to the magazine but gets stuck you gotta fiddle push and wiggle the magazine a little bit for the probe to push the first pellet through after that the rest of the 15 pellets slides in nicely. didst have that issue with the first fx crown i received... if i can take the working parts from each of the fx crowns i received id get the perfect crown lol just saying since each time i get a crown theres different issues

I am new to the PCP air rifle. I got my first one less than 2 months ago I bought a Crown and a week later a Streamline. Both from a dealer that fired them and sent shot strings with the new guns. Both have been with out problem. I since have purchased a Monsoon that is at the repair center(bought used), also bought a new Vulcan Tac 2, from a dealer that just put it in the box and shipped. It is now back at the dealer for repairs.

I want my guns pressure checked, Shot and proven before they are shipped. If that was done they may have caught both of 487912's problems before being shipped. Just yesterday I made a deal with a dealer to all the above and a couple of other things that he suggested before He ships the gun to me. We will see how that works.

On the subject of how are THOSE FX CROWNS DOING SO FAR? Mine is doing just fine. In fact it is an amazing rifle. This is a target I shot this am at 72 yds. There are 95 shots from 250 bar to 180 bar.

1. The upper left is shot with 14.3 gr. Beeman field target special. The upper right quadrant is 19 shots at max settings. The lower center of the upper right is 8 shots at the #2 power setting with the same 14.3 Beeman.

2. The upper right is the Beeman Kodiak special 21.4 shot at the 3rd power level. you can ee 19 shots in the upper right quadrant spreading down to the right. Then I shot 19 more at the same target at max power with the same pellet. Those are the shots in the lower right quadrant(1 ragged hole). These were pellets I had sitting around from my springer days. I wish I had shot that on a separate target, but I am going to work a little more with them.

3. The center is 19 shots at max with the JSB 18.9 gr. Shot at 72 yda.

4. Lower left is 19 shots with the Air Arms Diablo 16. gr.

As you can see the Crown is not picky when it comes to accuracy. I hope it remains trouble free. Only time will tell, but this is a wonderful rifle to shoot , I can not find a fault with the limited time I have had it.

Just as an added note, my Streamline duplicates these patterns almost exactly. It is an amazing gun for its price pt. I have it in 25 cal.

It seems to me that if we have a significant number of PCP air rifles being returned with factory faults. The being a dealer I would try and be proactive and test those guns before shipping. It would be better for everyone. 

For myself having to return 2 in one week, I will only deal with the dealer that I contacted and agreed to thoroughly test before shipment.

1533496809_12092768045b674de9a32249.69245034_Crown on 8-5.JPG

This is a reply back from my post on July 18. I received my Crown back from FX USA in North Carolina on Sat. There was no paper work enclosed to say what repair had been done. The first thing I did was to remove the shroud to inspect the air stripper, which had come unscrewed causing my original problem. To my surprise, I lightly used my fingers to check for tightness, and it was easily backed out. That didn't seem right to me, so I placed a phillips screw driver through the holes and gave a snug clockwise turn just so the air stripper was more than finger tight. The FX manual does mention to rotate the shroud while extracting to slip into position. I had always done that before, and I had been twisting in a counter clockwise direction every time. I have no doubt in my mind that that is what caused the air stripper to come totally unscrewed. The "O" ring on the air stripper makes good contact to the inside or the shroud. From now on when I extract the shroud every time to shoot, I will be rotating in a clockwise direction until I feel that indent. I think that is good advice for anyone.

I gave FX USA a call this morning to request what work had been done, and also comment on the finger tight air stripper. The technician I talked to, named Kendall did say the air stripper should be more than finger tight, and the only parts replaced were the air stripper and shroud. I put about 100 pellets through the barrel yesterday, and all seems well.

Lamar