so hatsan 25 cal is the new sleeper? discuss

I misread your post. I will say I had the BT65 quiet energy also. It was very powerful and very accurate also. I traded it to a buddy because I wanted a Sumatra in 25 cal so I could shoot cast bullets. I've since decided to just stick with pellets for small bores. My longest non-lucky kill was with the BT65. I shot a grey fox at a laser-ed 119 yards. There was a rabies advisory for them so he had to go. Even at this distance the pellet passed completely through his head and he didn't even do a death dance. He just dropped and twitched his tail. By the time I walked to him his eyes were already glazed over. For the cost, Hatsan PCPs are a great deal no matter what gun you compare them to.

I have 3 Hatsans in .25, 2 springers and the AT44 PCP. In comparison to higher end airguns, they are known for QC issues, however most are either an easy fix or if patient, HatsanUSA has really improved customer service. All of my Hatsans (I have 6) seem to enjoy JSBs and most H&N. Very simple to modify for whatever you want, though do well out of the box. The AT44 is the sidelever and a surprisingly (to me anyway) smooth action. I have the Carnivore .30 which is built on the same platform (some changes) to the BT65. Very easy to adjust plus you can have additional air tubes for regulating, power mods etc, if looking for shot count versus power. Most issues Ive read are on receipt of the product, which was fin by me, I can return for repair or replacement, as when they are on, pretty good deal for power and accuracy, sometimes with a little TLC.