Airforce So Happy to be getting my first 22 cal PCP😀👍

I'm in love with PCP.....Starting in.2020 I gathered up all.the message tools to.get started with airgun s...I watched all.the reviews.... First pcp TX2 Valve .510Texan....Second a Umarex Airsaber.... And what should of been first is a 22 pcp🤔🤔...I learned how to.cast slugs and powder coat them...Learned all about Airforce Texan...How to fix it....Learned how to hand lead lap barels😀👍Rough Texan .510 barrel a good.teacher..I have a Aqua environment 6000 psi external.regulator for.my SCBA tanks..I rebuild my Yong Heng compressor at least 5 Times...Learned alot.about compressors😀😞Good and Bad....I.need something to.use less air....Also.it sucks.I live in Pa.and only 177 or .22 cal for hunting😣 All after 3 years of watching and learning on the forums time for a 22 pcp...I.want a side lever or semi auto new awesome pcp that are on the market..... But I'm on a limited income. long term parts availability very important.... Also being able to work on .myself a must... So I bought a used Airforce Talon on the classified here😀😁...Having a stock on a Airforce a must for me....It has a Mad dog stock😁 It also has a Altros Regulator😁 A 20 inch barrel?????I'm hoping it's a custom TJ liner???? I.bought a Buck rail LDC for it😁$10.00 on the classified!!!!!! That was the only thing missing.... I'll. Probably shoot off of external regulator like my Texan...So when it arrives I'm going to remove and borescope the barrel....hand lap.for a lead.free smooth uniform bore....measure the inside dimensions of barrel...pour a lead barrel cast..figure out my desired slug diameter s...measure twist rate....Lastly order NSA slugs the right diameter... I know pellets just shoot...But I want to be able to shoot my home range which goes.to 125 yards..I want to buy a mold and sizeing dies and cast my own slugs in the future.. I should probably check barrel crown too...have access to lathe can re-crown and cut throat too ...I hope I'm not missing too many steps....

I
I'm in love with PCP.....Starting in.2020 I gathered up all.the message tools to.get started with airgun s...I watched all.the reviews.... First pcp TX2 Valve .510Texan....Second a Umarex Airsaber.... And what should of been first is a 22 pcp🤔🤔...I learned how to.cast slugs and powder coat them...Learned all about Airforce Texan...How to fix it....Learned how to hand lead lap barels😀👍Rough Texan .510 barrel a good.teacher..I have a Aqua environment 6000 psi external.regulator for.my SCBA tanks..I rebuild my Yong Heng compressor at least 5 Times...Learned alot.about compressors😀😞Good and Bad....I.need something to.use less air....Also.it sucks.I live in Pa.and only 177 or .22 cal for hunting😣 All after 3 years of watching and learning on the forums time for a 22 pcp...I.want a side lever or semi auto new awesome pcp that are on the market..... But I'm on a limited income. long term parts availability very important.... Also being able to work on .myself a must... So I bought a used Airforce Talon on the classified here😀😁...Having a stock on a Airforce a must for me....It has a Mad dog stock😁 It also has a Altros Regulator😁 A 20 inch barrel?????I'm hoping it's a custom TJ liner???? I.bought a Buck rail LDC for it😁$10.00 on the classified!!!!!! That was the only thing missing.... I'll. Probably shoot off of external regulator like my Texan...So when it arrives I'm going to remove and borescope the barrel....hand lap.for a lead.free smooth uniform bore....measure the inside dimensions of barrel...pour a lead barrel cast..figure out my desired slug diameter s...measure twist rate....Lastly order NSA slugs the right diameter... I know pellets just shoot...But I want to be able to shoot my home range which goes.to 125 yards..I want to buy a mold and sizeing dies and cast my own slugs in the future.. I should probably check barrel crown too...have access to lathe can re-crown and cut throat too ...I hope I'm not missing too many steps....
thought it would be nice to get a swaging press and dies.. that was until I saw the prices.. I currently only have 22.. and actually I didn't know that you could cast slugs that small.. guess I thought it was just for 357,45, and 50 caliber like your Texan.
hopefully I can read how you like your new airforce talon.. and it would be nice to see what you use for casting 22 slugs..
Mark

I

thought it would be nice to get a swaging press and dies.. that was until I saw the prices.. I currently only have 22.. and actually I didn't know that you could cast slugs that small.. guess I thought it was just for 357,45, and 50 caliber like your Texan.
hopefully I can read how you like your new airforce talon.. and it would be nice to see what you use for casting 22 slugs..
Mark
You can buy molds from Arsenal in 22 cal for powder coat...They can customize you diameter. So anything from say .215 to .228 diameter for example. So I'd buy a 5 cavity aluminum mold in the diameter I want for $88.00 2-3 wait for custom diameter s. For sizeing both Lee and NOE have you covered.. Lee sizeing system total cost probably $60.00. Look 257 Texan best long.range airgun 90% of slugs cast.. Lots.of.good.groups from members with Airforce. And good groups with cast slugs.

You can buy molds from Arsenal in 22 cal for powder coat...They can customize you diameter. So anything from say .215 to .228 diameter for example. So I'd buy a 5 cavity aluminum mold in the diameter I want for $88.00 2-3 wait for custom diameter s. For sizeing both Lee and NOE have you covered.. Lee sizeing system total cost probably $60.00. Look 257 Texan best long.range airgun 90% of slugs cast.. Lots.of.good.groups from members with Airforce. And good groups with cast slugs.
so you cast the slugs and then size them and then powder coating?
I saw awhile back people were powder coating and I guess it makes it less fouling and sort of lubricant? so do you have to size smaller to account for the powder coating?
I didn't know that the Texan 257 was the most accurate long distance gun.. I was told 308.. was also wondering if the 257 would shoot 25 caliber pellets for short range and also the same thing with the 308 will it shoot 30 caliber pellets?
I shot for the first time two 30 caliber guns yesterday thanks to a friend.. one was a Jefferson rifle and the other one was a FX 3..
been wondering, FX is out of my price range and they, I was very surprised have 2 regulators.. Texan has no regulator yet I've seen several videos of the 45 Texan shooting the Quigly bucket challenge at over 1000 yards with I think it was 500 grain slugs..
been thinking about getting a 30 caliber something but I want to be able to shoot jsb pellets as well as slugs.. would the Texan be a good choice?
how many shots per fill say around 900 fps with pellets will they do?
or would I be better to get a umarex gauntlet SL 30? I think they get around 40 shots per fill and are single regulator..
but if the Texan is a better choice plus not having a regulator but still keeping the same point of impact.. seems like less to go wrong..
how is your 22 talon? seem to be the best airforce 22 caliber?
how about loading? I think it was a FX dream tac that I also shot yesterday.. 25 caliber and it was difficult to single load the pellets.. small area.. I imagine that the airforce has a larger area since it single load anyway..
thank you for the information..
id love to talk with you a lot more.. you can PM me and we can do that and then if it's easier I can send you my email..
it's really interesting that some have no regulator, lots have one and some have 2 regulators..
thank you
Mark

Powder coating helps put you don't have to use it. Reduce s leading. The Airforce are good for single shot max.power hunting long distance... The FX.guns you were shooting are fine wine compared to Airforce. For you. A.G30 Side lever with 30 cal pellets probably alot.better. Airforce make big power that's here thing... First you cast slugs then size to size. If you powder coat you cast,powder coat, and then size....sizeing all cast slugs help.accuracy

Reactions: markhooper