• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Snowy day Starling Smackdown!!

Bob, Bushwookie NW here. All I have to say to this is, I wish I lived somewhere with an actual snowy winter. This 60°-28° Roller coaster we get here in Washington State stinks man. Nothing but a soggy rain majority of the time. Haha But not you guys. You get a true winter every year and you know how to use it in your favor. Just gotta keep that “Snowshade” handy. Keep up the great work buddy. I not only love watching your videos, but your progression from your early videos to now in post production.

Great video! Makes me feel like I was there. Really makes me wish I was there.

May I make a suggestion?

I usually watch youtube videos on my Smart TVs. The problem is I can't read the information that's entered "in the box down below" (the video description box under the videos) when I watch videos on some of my Smart TVs. There is no way to scroll down & read the text you entered in the description box because some Smart TVs just don't have that capability. 

If you could talk about your gear & it's setup in the video it would be greatly appreciated by many. Things like your rifle, caliber, ammo, sight in distance, fps, fpe, camera equipment, scope, mounts, scope cam...basically any info about your gear, rig, and how it's set up are the juicy details airgunners crave!

I notice some youtubers make it a point to include text boxes describing their gear in the video itself (like you did about the snow on your face...LOL), as well as talking about their gear in the video, and again include gear info in the description box "down below".
I offer this with the best of intentions & hope your views go thru the roof.

Hope this helps. db

Great video! Makes me feel like I was there. Really makes me wish I was there.

May I make a suggestion?

I usually watch youtube videos on my Smart TVs. The problem is I can't read the information that's entered "in the box down below" (the video description box under the videos) when I watch videos on some of my Smart TVs. There is no way to scroll down & read the text you entered in the description box because some Smart TVs just don't have that capability. 

If you could talk about your gear & it's setup in the video it would be greatly appreciated by many. Things like your rifle, caliber, ammo, sight in distance, fps, fpe, camera equipment, scope, mounts, scope cam...basically any info about your gear, rig, and how it's set up are the juicy details airgunners crave!

I notice some youtubers make it a point to include text boxes describing their gear in the video itself (like you did about the snow on your face...LOL), as well as talking about their gear in the video, and again include gear info in the description box "down below".
I offer this with the best of intentions & hope your views go thru the roof.

Hope this helps. db

Bob,

as long as you don’t use the time just to talk about products! Lol. You know where I’m going.....just a caption WHILE SMACKING THINGS will be ok.

Great video.

Mahalo Bob! That’s some Great Footage! Wish I had the skills to make videos. You videos makes me want to get into video making! Please keep them coming! 

Mark

That’s how I started, too. I don’t think I’m good but the only way to learn is doing it. The community will support you big time, try one and share, we will love to see your work. 

Good luck.

Thanks again everyone!!

:)

Outback

Hi from the Uk .

Great video there , what is your equipment you are using , I like your scope recticle how much hold over can you get on the recticle ,

I shoot the FX Crown 22 mostly. JSB 18gr at 928fps through the ST-X pellet A liner. DonnyFL Sumo suppressor. The scope is the Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 FFP. It looks like 8 mils of elevation on the reticle, but I can't use that much when filming scope cam due to the level of zoom I use on the camera.

stoti

I know you have to compensate for the wind but do you have to compensate for the snow at longer distances too? 

Have a good one buddy! Stoti

That's a good quesion. I don't know. I'd have to imagine that accuracy might suffer a bit if the pellet collides with enough snowflakes on it's way there?

Davidt

Hey Bob, outstanding job. I noticed that your farthest shots did not require any hold over.?? Does the crown shoot that flat??? 

No, trajectory is the same regardless of the platform.

I'm mostly dialing the elevation now and just holding off for wind.

Thanks for the info on your equipment you use , I use a schmidt and bender ffp on a centre fire rifle I think it makes for a very usefull scope I will check out Athlon scopes as I was very impressed with the quality of your scope / video , there is such a difference in gear used you unrestricted and the UK on 12fpe unless you put the rifle on a FAC , I have a heavily moded Hatsan BT 65 in .22 cal on a FAC .

Great video's .