Snowpeak SPA p35 woes

Is the p35 regulated from the factory?
Got a P35 last year which is regulated, but I replaced it with a Huma, polished the barrel and its now super accurate 😎👍

But also replaced almost all o-rings because of leak, they seem to be of a poor quality on mine as the get very deformed by the pressure

I got a little over 41 fpe with JSB 33.95 grain pellets with mine out of the box. 740fps. I later found a burr in the barrel port and when I removed it I got another 40 fps on 20 grain FTTs. I did not reshoot the 33.95s. I detuned mine to shoot the FTTs at about 875 fps. It is right at 32 fpe now. But if you want more fpe, I would test the 31 grain H&N Baracudas and the 33.95 JSBs (and possibly variants). My guess is you might get 800 fps on the 33.95s with a small regulator increase and/or small plenum increase. In other words, low to mid 40 fpe out of the box, high 40s to possibly low 50s with a little work. I wouldn't try to go higher, I think it would be a lot of work for not much change. These days I plan to shoot a 10 shoot string with new pellets recording the velocity of each shot and put them into two 5 shot groups. Unless the ES is well under 10 I will probably reject the pellet. Even if the groups are not great, however, if the ES is low I'd shoot it some more. I've found my groups are a lot less consistent than my velocity measurements. The pellets which shoot low ES have ALWAYS given me the best accuracy. I like to shoot 30 yard challenge targets and I think they are a better way to test accuracy than groups. At least for me.

This thread started out with a regulator complaint. With their favorite pellets, all three of my P35s will shoot 10 shot strings with a ES around 6 or 7 and 30 shot or more strings with an ES of about 15. With pellets they don't like, the ES is much bigger. Like maybe 40 fps. 2 to 3 times larger. I don't think you can judge the regulator very well unless you have tuned the hammer spring to give you peak velocity or slightly less and you are shooting a pellet your gun shoots well. I don't know why regulators react this way to the guns tuning but at least on my P35s they definitely do.

Update...

Dealing with Krale has been a PITA, but I was able to get a full refund back in the first week of March.

I purchased two more P35s. One in .177 because I recently found my stash of .177cal pellets from years ago. And the other in .22cal. Both rifles are better than the one before. Initial targets at 15yrds in the backyard looks promising. I'm still waiting for the scope ring lapping kit to come in to finally mount the scopes and take it out to 40-50 yds and see how they do. I have two CARM .22cal magazines already (ordered last year before I got the rifle) and still waiting for the .177 magazines to come in. Both have JB3D cheek pieces.

.22cal on top and .177 bottom
E3vhgR8.jpg

I'm glad you got it worked out with Krale and the replacements seem to be shooting well. As I get a little better at the 30 yard challenge with mine I find that the biggest explanation of my score is me. Not the gun or the pellets. That is with my 22 and 177. The 25 just isn't as accurate but I'm talking to Krale now about a new barrel for it. They are a lot more responsive when I talk to them about placing an order than they were with I had a shipping problem with my 177 and 22. But overall I think they are OK.

Curious about the shrouds on these. The 22 shroud looks longer than stock and the 177 looks like you added a section to it plus slid it forward. Just guessing the yellow is tape covering up the shroud holes typically towards the shroud rear. What's up?
That's a Mark Dempsey shroud on the .22cal and modified factory shroud with hair curlers/felt on the .177. The yellow tape is there because I used a clamp on style chrono to get velocity readings.