• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Snowpeak P35 - Mounting a bipod?

snowpeak.jpeg

Got my bright and shiny new P35 delivered this weekend (great service from Krale). What's everyone doing to mount a bipod on this? Thought about attaching a polymer picatinny section onto the bottomside of the stock, but thought I'd check with the group before I started drilling holes.

I bought a Stoeger XM 1 Bull Shark this past August. I am very happy with the gun. It's the same gun as the P 35 . Just a different stock. Instead of a bipod, I bought a Vanguard Porta-Aim. It is a small adjustable tripod. It swivels 360 degrees, height extends from 8.875 inches to 12.625 inches, weights 1.76 lbs, folded height is 12.25 inches. I find it to very sturdy and small enough to drop in a range bag. I bought it from Amazon. I think it was 45.00. A rubber washer needs to be put under the bag to to keep it from snagging the metal frame. It's great for me, no drilling or gluing. There are reviews on the Vanguard site. Good luck Bill

Reactions: timmah
I use a picatinny piece that clamps to the air tube and came from jb3dpd.com. Works great. You just slide it over the air tube in front of the stock and behind the fill port cover and then clamp on your bipod. When you clamp on the bipod it pinches the mount down to the airtube. There is some play, there has to be rotationally but my bipod allows me to eliminate the resulting cant - or the bipod clamp can be loosened and the mount rotated slightly. I think it was 3D printed. It is plastic and doesn't damage the air tube.

Congratulations on getting a P35. Did Krale get their shipment from SPA early this year? Last year I had to wait to May to get my 177 and 22. I think they are great guns, especially for the money.

I use a picatinny piece that clamps to the air tube and came from jb3dpd.com. Works great. You just slide it over the air tube in front of the stock and behind the fill port cover and then clamp on your bipod. When you clamp on the bipod it pinches the mount down to the airtube. There is some play, there has to be rotationally but my bipod allows me to eliminate the resulting cant - or the bipod clamp can be loosened and the mount rotated slightly. I think it was 3D printed. It is plastic and doesn't damage the air tube.

Congratulations on getting a P35. Did Krale get their shipment from SPA early this year? Last year I had to wait to May to get my 177 and 22. I think they are great guns, especially for the money.

Yeah I just saw those and similar ones to it. So I just ended up ginning one up that was similar. I put a detent on the top so that the barrel shroud would key into it and prevent it from rotating very much.

p35_pickrail.png
p35_rail.jpeg

Krale took a while as they were on back order for quite some time. I placed my order in early December and got a shipping notification last week.

Last edited:
SnowPeak has always been the name of the manufacturer, I think. But they used to go by Artemis. When the P15 was new they were Artemis (a P15 is basicially a rear cocking P35). But with the P35 they did not call themselves Artemis, they are now going by SnowPeak. The other odd thing about them is they are actually a large airgun manufacturer but are not widely known because most of their guns are not sold under their name. The Stoeger Bullshark is a slightly different P35, for instance. The stock is different and the placement of the shroud is a little different but the guts are the same. They are not very good about making parts available but they make guns that are good buys and nice guns even ignoring their cost IMHO. I think my 3 P35s are significantly better made than my Avenger, for instance. I like the Avenger but it uses plastic for too many things in my opinion and they do not effectively use the shroud to quiet it down. With a hair curler mod or a decent in shroud moderator a P35 will be easily under 90 db, high 70s to low 80s is possible. The trigger on all 3 of mine needed adjusted but now they have a very light first stage (necessary for the safety to work) and a light crisp second stage. The shrouds are modified to make them quiet and I cleaned up the muzzle with a brass screw and some JBs. My P35-22 is my most accurate with a best "30 yard challenge" score in the mid 190s (out of 200). When squirrel season ends I will see if I can raise that a little. They are regulated guns and I get around 100 shots at 19 fpe in the 177, about 60 at 32 fpe in the 22 and about 70 shots at 32 fpe in the 25. All higher than it's ratings. I lowered the 25's regulator setting because it likes 20 grain FTTs and I wanted them to be under 900 fps. The other two are at the regulator setting they came with but I have adjusted the hammer spring setting. The 22 was close to balanced against the regulator setting, the 177 was way high. It is still high, the hammer spring is just to powerful apparently. That may need some attention this spring too.

Here's a good article on SPA in Hardair from 2018:

The article says:
"Snowpeak Airguns don’t try to sell directly to customers – like you and I – under their own name. They manufacture airguns that other companies sell."

So obviously that's changed now.

I just got a Stoeger Bullshark in .177. I saw some reports of baffle issues so I took mine out completely and screwed on a small 3d printed suppressor that ended up being the exact diameter of the shroud. It did a good job of quietening things down. My baffle stack looks exactly like yours. I'll probably go back and do the hair curler mod because you can't be too quiet.

Last edited:
Here's another option. I did have to file a flat in top of the ring to keep it from touching the shroud. I also added a few wraps of painters tape around the tube to keep it from slipping.

ToopMount 34mm/1.34 inch Scope Adapter Ring Mount with 20mm Picatinny/Weaver Top Rail, Tactical Barrel Clamp Mount, for Scope Flashlight All Standard Weaver/Picatinny 1913 Rails https://a.co/d/f1fuL3y

Reactions: timmah
SnowPeak has always been the name of the manufacturer, I think. But they used to go by Artemis. When the P15 was new they were Artemis (a P15 is basicially a rear cocking P35). But with the P35 they did not call themselves Artemis, they are now going by SnowPeak. The other odd thing about them is they are actually a large airgun manufacturer but are not widely known because most of their guns are not sold under their name. The Stoeger Bullshark is a slightly different P35, for instance. The stock is different and the placement of the shroud is a little different but the guts are the same. They are not very good about making parts available but they make guns that are good buys and nice guns even ignoring their cost IMHO. I think my 3 P35s are significantly better made than my Avenger, for instance. I like the Avenger but it uses plastic for too many things in my opinion and they do not effectively use the shroud to quiet it down. With a hair curler mod or a decent in shroud moderator a P35 will be easily under 90 db, high 70s to low 80s is possible. The trigger on all 3 of mine needed adjusted but now they have a very light first stage (necessary for the safety to work) and a light crisp second stage. The shrouds are modified to make them quiet and I cleaned up the muzzle with a brass screw and some JBs. My P35-22 is my most accurate with a best "30 yard challenge" score in the mid 190s (out of 200). When squirrel season ends I will see if I can raise that a little. They are regulated guns and I get around 100 shots at 19 fpe in the 177, about 60 at 32 fpe in the 22 and about 70 shots at 32 fpe in the 25. All higher than it's ratings. I lowered the 25's regulator setting because it likes 20 grain FTTs and I wanted them to be under 900 fps. The other two are at the regulator setting they came with but I have adjusted the hammer spring setting. The 22 was close to balanced against the regulator setting, the 177 was way high. It is still high, the hammer spring is just to powerful apparently. That may need some attention this spring too.
What are “JBs”? I see this term a lot on AGN forums referencing cleaning the barrel.

Yeah I just saw those and similar ones to it. So I just ended up ginning one up that was similar. I put a detent on the top so that the barrel shroud would key into it and prevent it from rotating very much.

View attachment 321768View attachment 321769

Krale took a while as they were on back order for quite some time. I placed my order in early December and got a shipping notification last week.
That file is awesome! Is it available to download anywhere?