Snowpeak M60B got its first blood on rats

No foxes but coyotes often frequently in the area. I have only heard them but never saw them. Farmers had told me they had seen some in the area. This farm is too big to set up for coyote hunt. Unless we bait them with dead calves like the other location where I shot coyote#7.

If I return frequently to shoot these rats, they would be reduced dramatically. But not to my advantage lol.

No foxes but coyotes often frequently in the area. I have only heard them but never saw them. Farmers had told me they had seen some in the area. This farm is too big to set up for coyote hunt. Unless we bait them with dead calves like the other location where I shot coyote#7.

If I return frequently to shoot these rats, they would be reduced dramatically. But not to my advantage lol.
@Max115 Why is it not feasible to dump the rats in a pile with a trail cam on them and monitor it for activity to see if coyotes will grow accustomed to eating at that spot? If it works they can be staked out like you’ve done on previous hunts.

Cool shooting. I am getting into rat hunting myself on my property. I found a nest in my little Johnny's engine compartment under the hood, and now I am pissed. Got myself a night vision scope for my Benjamin Marauder and hope to have it install and zeroed in real soon. What was your shooting range?
Hi PapiBazooka. Thank you for watching. That is good that you got yourself a NV scope. Good luck with your hunt, you will have fun stalking them in the dark. I shoot them between 10 - 50 yards. But with a NV scope, as long as you keep quiet, you will be able to shoot them close range. Have fun.

@Max115 Why is it not feasible to dump the rats in a pile with a trail cam on them and monitor it for activity to see if coyotes will grow accustomed to eating at that spot? If it works they can be staked out like you’ve done on previous hunts.
Not at this farm. I have not had a conversation with the farmer about hunting coyotes at this location. Unless he asks me then I would set up the rats as bait.

Reactions: Ezana4CE