Snowpeak Snowpeak M60B First Shots

The M60 definitely has the trigger parts arranged differently but some parts could still be the same. The P35 has the trigger parts in a separate steel housing that screws to the main aluminum block. It uses a small ballpoint pen style spring to the right of your picture on the rod connecting the trigger to the sear parts that controls the weight of the first stage. The first stage adds to the second so if you decrease the first the second also gets lighter. Reducing the first stage spring makes the second stage a little over a pound. That can be further reduced by a screw on the trigger parts block that controls sear engagement.

A small update. The H&N Baracuda 15 pellets was also grouping well with this gun out at 50 yards. I will do more accuracy comparison tests and video soon. So far I found the 16gr works better than the 18gr pellets in both JSB, AirArm and H&N. I found that strange on how differ the grouping was with just an extra 2 gr of weight. I am sure the grouping will tighten with some adjustments to the Reg/HS. Testings will follow.

On my P35s the velocity doesn't seem to make a lot of difference on accuracy. If they like a pellet, they like a pellet. And vice versa. Definitely worthwhile to tweak the hammer spring setting but it has not worked any miracles for me either. I tried everything from 800 to 900 in my P35-177 with H&N Baracuda Match which shoot the best for me and got the same group sizes all through that velocity range. Tried multiple hs settings at each reg setting. Some hs settings were better and worse but if you compare the best groups at each regulator setting they are about the same.

I'd get the velocity between 800 and 900 and tweak the hammer spring to see what setting it prefers. Two of mine allow me to turn power down with the hs but the 25 caliber doesn't like that. If I turn it down significantly the first shot velocity will be low. Not sure my P35 experience translates into M60 but it might.

I cut down my hammer spring from the original 63mm length down to 54mm. This gave me a velocity range with JSB 18.1 gr pellets of 730 fps to 940 fps. 730 was with the hammer screw flush and with 4 revolutions turned = 940. The reg is still set from the factory at 135 Bar. I'm shooting at 860 fps now as it is a bit quieter than the 930 fps setting from the factory. Before cutting the spring I couldn't back off the hammer tension enough to reduce the velocity. It's an easy mod to do. I did heat the cut end red hot with a propane torch and then flattened the coil and gave it a quick grind to make it smooth.

Reactions: scubajeeper
On my P35s the velocity doesn't seem to make a lot of difference on accuracy. If they like a pellet, they like a pellet. And vice versa. Definitely worthwhile to tweak the hammer spring setting but it has not worked any miracles for me either. I tried everything from 800 to 900 in my P35-177 with H&N Baracuda Match which shoot the best for me and got the same group sizes all through that velocity range. Tried multiple hs settings at each reg setting. Some hs settings were better and worse but if you compare the best groups at each regulator setting they are about the same.

I'd get the velocity between 800 and 900 and tweak the hammer spring to see what setting it prefers. Two of mine allow me to turn power down with the hs but the 25 caliber doesn't like that. If I turn it down significantly the first shot velocity will be low. Not sure my P35 experience translates into M60 but it might.
Thanks Jim. I guess I will find out myself and see what happens with the accuracy with only HS adjustments.

I cut down my hammer spring from the original 63mm length down to 54mm. This gave me a velocity range with JSB 18.1 gr pellets of 730 fps to 940 fps. 730 was with the hammer screw flush and with 4 revolutions turned = 940. The reg is still set from the factory at 135 Bar. I'm shooting at 860 fps now as it is a bit quieter than the 930 fps setting from the factory. Before cutting the spring I couldn't back off the hammer tension enough to reduce the velocity. It's an easy mod to do. I did heat the cut end red hot with a propane torch and then flattened the coil and gave it a quick grind to make it smooth.
Interesting to know. I might do some experiments with the spring's length. Thank you.