Snowpeak Snowpeak M60B First Shots

I'm very seriously thinking of buying one in .22cal. but was wondering if it is lefty friendy? I'm not real picky about shooting a right handed gun lefty but is anything like the magazine or cocking handle in the way?

The magazine is centered and low, ambidextrous for sure. The cocking lever is on the right so it would favor a lefty and is forward so there would be no interference.

I'm judging from reviews but I am pretty sure the magazine is centered on the action and thus sticks out the same small amount on both sides of the gun. It thus is no more in the way for a left shoulder shooter than it is for a right shoulder shooter. What an enlightened way to do it.

I am wondering if the trigger mechanism is like the P35 at least in the first stage. The P35 has a small spring that looks something like a ballpoint pen spring about half way back on the trigger rod that adjusts with a collar on one end that has a grub screw. By reducing the tension in that spring I reduced the trigger in my P35s about 1 lb.

I'm judging from reviews but I am pretty sure the magazine is centered on the action and thus sticks out the same small amount on both sides of the gun. It thus is no more in the way for a left shoulder shooter than it is for a right shoulder shooter. What an enlightened way to do it.

I am wondering if the trigger mechanism is like the P35 at least in the first stage. The P35 has a small spring that looks something like a ballpoint pen spring about half way back on the trigger rod that adjusts with a collar on one end that has a grub screw. By reducing the tension in that spring I reduced the trigger in my P35s about 1 lb.
Yes, Jim the magazine is well designed and it is centred in the middle for both left and right handed shooter. The trigger is very easy to adjust with the linkage system.

@JimD. Here is the trigger linkage. Similar to the P35? I have added a piece of wire (red) as per Paul's video to take up the slack in the 90 degree connection there. Reduces the creep, I think.

trigger M60B.jpg

I'm pretty hyped!
Here are 4 consecutive 10m groups of 5 shots each. JTS Dead Center 18.1gr round nose pellets from a fresh bore.
The movement off the bull is due to me sighting the scope in on Target 1 & 2 while 3 & 4 were centered on the bull so dont look at the bull, just the group sizes.

Center to center:
.082"
.032"
.068"
.092"

The M60 is tuned to 1 full turn of the hammer spring in from flush with the back, 140 on the regulator, 920 fps velocity.

20240208_195337.jpg

I'm very seriously thinking of buying one in .22cal. but was wondering if it is lefty friendy? I'm not real picky about shooting a right handed gun lefty but is anything like the magazine or cocking handle in the way?

VERY lefty friendly! Infact, probably made for a lefty.

Cocking handle is forward, on the right leave your hand on the pistol grip when cocking.

Mag is dead-center of the buttstock, not in the way at all.

BTW-airgun Archery Fun has mags in stock, just bought 2 more.

80 shots in the field, awesome!
That is great. Glad yours shoot well also. This gun definitely has a lot of potential to hang with more expensive PCP.

I did a bit of shooting today with the new Discovery Scope on the M60B. The Hades 16gr was found the most accurate in my previous test and I found the H&N Baracuda 15 also shot tight groups at 50 yards. I was focusing on testing out the scope today so I didn't have time to record and do accuracy tests between these two pellets. I will do one in the near future.