Snowpeak Snowpeak M60B First Shots

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
Here is my first shots video with this Snowpeak M60B. I was worried when the first two pellets (JSB and AA 18gr) tested were grouping like crap. But luckily the Hades 16gr was able to group well. The gun was straight out of the box shooting these Hades at 957fps, 32 ft.lb.

I did manage to go out last night to shoot some rats with it. Video to follow next Saturday. Stay tuned.

Good video on the Snowpeak M60B.

I recently bought a Snowpeak M60B as well. It's quite a good pcp for the price point. I cleaned the barrel before shooting and it took quite a few patches to remove the dark brown preservative oil ? from the barrel. I haven't had a chance to stretch it out to 50m, but it's shooting well at 30m off a tripod.

I was able to adjust the trigger down to approx 1.5 pound from the factory 3.5 pound. The trigger has a bit of creep but that is due to the bullpup design and necessary linkage.

The magazine is well built there are no feeding issues with pellets. I have a couple of Patheras, Dreamline and Avenger to compare it to. I would highly recommend the M60B as a Budget to mid level pcp as great value for your dollar. I don't find as much reg creep as my FX rifles which is a pleasant surprise.

Good video on the Snowpeak M60B.

I recently bought a Snowpeak M60B as well. It's quite a good pcp for the price point. I cleaned the barrel before shooting and it took quite a few patches to remove the dark brown preservative oil ? from the barrel. I haven't had a chance to stretch it out to 50m, but it's shooting well at 30m off a tripod.

I was able to adjust the trigger down to approx 1.5 pound from the factory 3.5 pound. The trigger has a bit of creep but that is due to the bullpup design and necessary linkage.

The magazine is well built there are no feeding issues with pellets. I have a couple of Patheras, Dreamline and Avenger to compare it to. I would highly recommend the M60B as a Budget to mid level pcp as great value for your dollar. I don't find as much reg creep as my FX rifles which is a pleasant surprise.
Thank you for watching and sharing your thoughts on this gun.

Yes, the barrel was very dirty and it took me 30 patches and still had a bit of brown stains with the last patch.
I have adjusted the trigger as well and reduced the long pull. Much better than factory set.

I will be doing an accuracy test against my Impact MK2 just for fun. Hopefully it can hold its own. It is definitely a nice PCP to own and not so hard on the wallet.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Nice. I saw another video on this rifle and the owner slugged the barrel and found a tight spot in the middle. He worked on polishing the tight spot out which increased his accuracy. Might be worth pushing a pellet thru and see if you have a similar problem.
Thank you. For the time being, I will let it as is and test other pellets like the H&N, then some slugs and see what it likes. Then my first adjustment will be the HS and leaving the Reg as is at 140Bar. Hopefully I can find the harmonic tune with its favourite pellet or slug.

I have taken it out the other night for some rats shooting. Well, 39 rats were blasted with massive wound channels from its 32 ft.lb of energy using the Hades 16gr. Video will be released next Saturday. That was a fun night shooting!

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Here is my first shots video with this Snowpeak M60B. I was worried when the first two pellets (JSB and AA 18gr) tested were grouping like crap. But luckily the Hades 16gr was able to group well. The gun was straight out of the box shooting these Hades at 957fps, 32 ft.lb.

I did manage to go out last night to shoot some rats with it. Video to follow next Saturday. Stay tuned.

Great video! I have the .25 but looks like the .22 does very well too!

Im super impressed with the M60b, it has all sorts of stuff that I really like such as a filled detachable bottle, long, easy cocking lever, trigger post, fully adjustable, shoe type, butt pad that adjusts low enough for my tastes, short LOP for extended range days, comfy cheek rest, fantastic 20 shot mags!

Best of all, sub MOA groups at 50y, not just the once in a while kind, EVERY group hit steel under .5" through both mags, 8 groups, all sub MOA. Very nice! I was shooting JTS Dead Center 18gr at 880fps.
20240205_183949.jpg
20240205_183804.jpg
20240205_183719.jpg
20240205_183709.jpg

View attachment 432664

Im super impressed with the M60b, it has all sorts of stuff that I really like such as a filled detachable bottle, long, easy cocking lever, trigger post, fully adjustable, shoe type, butt pad that adjusts low enough for my tastes, short LOP for extended range days, comfy cheek rest, fantastic 20 shot mags!

Best of all, sub MOA groups at 50y, not just the once in a while kind, EVERY group hit steel under .5" through both mags, 8 groups, all sub MOA. Very nice! I was shooting JTS Dead Center 18gr at 880fps.
View attachment 432660View attachment 432661View attachment 432662View attachment 432663

View attachment 432664
Thank you for sharing your findings with this gun. Yes, it definitely has a lot to offer. I will play with the HS to reduce the speed to see if I can shoot the Hades or the other pellets better out to 50 yards and beyond.