Snowpeak M60B first rats shoot

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
It wasn't raining last night so I eagerly went out to the farm with the new Snowpeak M60B to shoot some rats. I have mounted my Pard008LRF on this gun and did quick zero check at my POA 10-30 yards with the Hades 16gr. The new video "Snowpeak M60B First Shoot" will be out tomorrow on my YT channel. I was able to test and find out the Hades 16gr was the most accurate out of 4 pellets type/weight.

It was almost 7pm when I arrived at the farm. I quickly setup my table and had the target box out at 10 yards. First shot with my holdover hit nicely on the target. I then check the rest of my holdover aim out to 30 yards. I was ready to blast some rats with this new gun pushing the Hades out at 957fps, 32ft.lb.

First shot was at 22 yards and I tagged the unwilling volunteer square in the head. It twitched for a bit and quickly expired. M60B had its first kill.

In total I shot 39 big fat rats and collected 20 in 3 hours. Some of the rats were inside some concrete and some ran back into the holes and some were in the cow pan area which the workers would clean up the next day. I could have shot more if the backdrops were safe and if cows were not in the way.

I noticed the rats got more damaged and bled more with the Snowpeak than with my HW100. An extra 4 ft.lb was evident in the channel wounds in these rats. I can't imagine what my Impact MK2 with 25gr, 52ft.lb would do to these rats, lol.

Video to follow next week. Cheers.

rats killed with M60B.jpg

M60B-rat-setup2.jpg

@charlie99. Have you seen my YT video on this gun yet? The accuracy test video will be out tomorrow morning and the rats shoot video next Saturday.

What calibre did you order? First thing is to clean the barrel well. It took me 30 patches and it was still a bit brown but clean enough for me. I have tested 4 types of pellets: JSB 18gr, Hades 16gr and Air Arm 16 & 18gr. Hades 16gr was the best as you will see in the video tomorrow.

I have adjusted the trigger to be lighter as I was used to shooting my FX Impact MK2. Easy to adjust. You can search online on how to do that. Otherwise drop me a line and I can show you. Other than that, just test and shoot different pellets to see which one works in your gun.

I will tweak the HS when I get a chance next time out in the range to see if I can settle the gun a bit. I find my gun was working a bit harsh as I can hear a loud "twang" as the hammer hits the valve. Maybe this is how the gun is but I will test and find out if reducing the HS would quiet it down.

Mine is shooting the Hades 16gr at 957fps, 32 ft.lb. So far it is smacking the rats very hard. Maybe I will reduce it to 30 ft.lb to see if I can find the harmonic balance between the Reg and HS. My Reg is factory at 140 bar. I will leave it as is for now. Just tweaking the HS to see if I can improve the performance.

All and all, I think this gun is pretty good and it showed potential with my testings so far. I will have to stretch it out further distance in the coming weeks when weather is better. But for now, it is my Ratimator2 to pounds those rats.

LOL, I know the feeling. I am lucky in my case because I was placing an order with Wes of AirgunArcheryFun and he asked me if I wanted to review this gun for him. I did the M16 for him last year and sold it for him as well.

I quickly searched up this gun as I had no idea what it was and it looks similar to my Impact MK2. So I agreed and now I got to play with this gun. So far, it hasn't disappoint me and in my opinion, it is a decently built gun with a nice affordable price tag.

It will be better and lighter with a carbon fibre bottle plus an extra magazine. Last night I was fumbling with the pellets trying to reload in the dark.