• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Snowpeak Snowpeak/Artermis P35 .177 FAC Thread

If removing the regulator helped the gun fill it must have been leaking. The regulator cannot prevent air from going into the air tube but it can leak it out. The seal on the adjuster failing causes the regulator to just pass air through. The gun doesn't leak but it has a low velocity at full fill pressure that gradually rises and falls - it acts just like an unregulated gun. I've experienced that on a different gun. I think if the O rings on the outside of the regulator leaked it could cause an air leak. Normally the air would still not come out past the valve. But there is also a path to let the washer/springs of the regulator get to atmospheric pressure between shots. I think air coming past an O-ring could let it get to the vent in the side of the air tube. That is a small hole back in the regulator area. If that is where the air is going you should be able to feel it coming out that hole. I'm not sure how he reassembled the gun without the regulator but this might be something to look into. If that is the path, it should just be a matter of replacing an O-ring or two - I think there are two.
Hi @Jim D. Do you mean these o-rings?

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 04.51.23_0467bab0.jpg

I also lightly polished the barrel to smoothen out tight spots when pushing pellet through barrel.
Air passage from valve to barrel transfer port, if I remember correctly, was 5mm ID. I bored TP of the barrel to 4mm and also enlarged hole (downward facing hole, air passage) in pellet probe.
Hi @Loff. Have you tried 16gr Zan slug? Would it shoot well at about 700 fps, which is about the speed that I would expect after installing a power plenum. As for your modifications, I don't think I can do them. I messed up mine by just a simple power plenum installation, as you might have read in my post.

Hi @Loff. Have you tried 16gr Zan slug? Would it shoot well at about 700 fps, which is about the speed that I would expect after installing a power plenum. As for your modifications, I don't think I can do them. I messed up mine by just a simple power plenum installation, as you might have read in my post.
No, I have not tried 16gr ZAN's in P35. It is performing very good with 3 different pellets with one tune. Maybe I will try sometime.

This morning, the airgun smith updated me that two discs in the regulator broke!????? I don't understand how it happened. I lowered the pressure once and increased it twice prior to installing the power plenum, and it leaked through the barrel.

Any idea how those discs broke?

Here's the pic of the regulator sent to me by the airgun smith, can you see something wrong with it? I couldn't see any defect...

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-27 at 12.07.04_0796b99b.jpg

Yes, the angle of the "disks" is a clear sign that they are damaged, broken. Those discs are springs. They are slightly cone shaped and act to hold the regulator closed until the pressure on the barrel side of the regulator falls and the pressure in the gun's air tank pushes the valve open. With them broken, the tank pressure could fill the entire airtube and I think the leak was out the venting hole I mentioned earlier. But I have problems visualizing how this area of our guns functions under all circumstances. Those cone shaped discs or springs should not be expensive or hard to replace if there is a third part source. Waiting to get them from SPA could be very frustrating.

@Perle I just got back the P35 from repair. So, at last, I can show it as promised.

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-01 at 13.57.55_a2600d29.jpg

I attached the little STO Belita. It does make it more silent but not by much.

The highest FPS I could get is 745 with a 10 gr pellet. The airgun smith set the reg too low out of concern that it would damage the disc springs in the reg that he just repaired. I'm not keen on increasing the reg either if the discs could break. I think I'm going to get Huma's reg and then play with the tune.

I should have left it in the factory setting. But, where's the fun in that? :)

• Love
Reactions: Perle