Snow Peak Baffles

No, you can keep the internal baffles and add on an external moderator. DonnyFL makes an adapter that replaces the endcap:

You should review the youtube by Aaron Cantrell about making his P15 quieter using hair curlers. It works and you won't use all your baffles if you do this. The only problem I've had with this is if the shroud slides forward it can allow short hair curler pieces to move and the baffles can rotate into the pellet path. It doesn't happen a lot and checking the position of the shroud and tightening the grub screw securing it as necessary can prevent it. To make the P35 quieter than stock requires moving the shroud forward an inch or so. What I do now is I use a printed moderator about 120mm long in each of my 3 P35s. I have the shroud slid forward about an inch and a half. They cannot get into the pellet path and make the guns nicely quiet.

I have a DonnyFL adapter and a Tanto but the guns are as quiet with their internal moderators and they are shorter. Using both didn't seem to make them any quieter.

Reactions: IRBent
My Stoeger Bullshark came with the adapter from the factory. It is basically similar to the P35. The P35 has more room for the internal baffles but the shroud can be moved forward similar to the P35. I decided to leave my shroud in the factory location and have a short printed moderator that screws into my shroud.

Originally, with the stock baffles, the grub screw must have loosened up some and the shroud slid forward causing clipping of the baffles. I ended up drilling and tapping another hole on the opposite side of the grub screw to hold the shroud in position more securely.

You should review the youtube by Aaron Cantrell about making his P15 quieter using hair curlers.

I have a DonnyFL adapter and a Tanto but the guns are as quiet with their internal moderators and they are shorter. Using both didn't seem to make them any quieter.
JimD,

Would I be correct in assuming that most all Snowpeak models use pretty much the same moderator setup? Meaning, the M16A I have on order will probably be just as quiet with the included moderator as it would if I equipped it with a Donnyfl? Even quieter if I invested in some felt and a few hair curlers?

E4344305-FAAD-4815-8F88-38DA2F34D44A.png