• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Snow dogs nipping at my heels!

The weather here in Boise has been pretty mild, I have been able to use my FT range in the mountains a little longer this year. But The snow dogs are coming! projected snow in the forecast this week, so I'm going to go shoot a session today and take down the targets for the season. 17 degrees this morning the hi will be 37 this afternoon. I'm grateful to have a place to setup my FT range and shoot (mining claim) and to be able to do some mining all in the same day.

We got 2 inches today so far, 4 inches on ground.
IMG_7430.jpeg
I’m ready for it. Crow

You Canadians...
Tinkering about this for several years, but @ 63 it feels like I shall pickup one snowblower finally for my wife :)
Last time I told her what I want to buy she asked me "how much" .... to stay on safe side I told her like a double $$$$ ;) "ah, no way, for that money she will showel" . And she was smart the last 2-3 years (I called that a pure luck). But this winter will be different...
For Christmas she is turning 60 now .... so again I shall pay her more attention. The worst is - my Mama didn't teach me to cook. :)

We got 2 inches today so far, 4 inches on ground.View attachment 410912I’m ready for it. Crow
I have a similar but thing bit better set up on my stable table. I have a waxed tarp covering the plastic table top, makes it less slippery. then a bench rest tripod and and owl ear rear bag. To cover those two pieces I found an oblong washtub, not quite the length of the table. Then over that I got a large waterproof fabric grill cover. Everything stays dry. WHen I am ready to shoot, pop the grill cover and set the washtub aside. The grill cover goes almost to the ground and covers most of the table legs, not quite all. Mine is on a back patio no cover so completely exposed to the weather.

64F here today, light rain about 3/4", humid and chilly feeling. Temps are supposed to be about the same for the next week to ten days. I wish we could get some colder weather. Growing up in NE Louisiana 65-70 years ago I remember it getting cold and staying that way, not like the northern states or Canada, but nightly freezes were very regular this time of year, now almost non occuring.

Last edited:
I have a similar but thing bit better set up on my stable table. I have a waxed tarp covering the plastic table top, makes it less slippery. then a bench rest tripod and and owl ear rear bag. To cover those two pieces I found an oblong washtub, not quite the length of the table. Then over that I got a large waterproof fabric grill cover. Everything stays dry. WHen I am ready to shoot, pop the grill cover and set the washtub aside. The grill cover goes almost to the ground and covers most of the table legs, not quite all. Mine is on a back patio no cover so completely exposed to the weather.

64F here today, light rain about 3/4", humid and chilly feeling. Temps are supposed to be about the same for the next week to ten days. I wish we could get some colder weather. Growing up in NE Louisiana 65-70 years ago I remember it getting cold and staying that way, not like the northern states or Canada, but nightly freezes were very regular this time of year, now almost non occuring.
yeah, well we want a pic!

The weather here in Boise has been pretty mild, I have been able to use my FT range in the mountains a little longer this year. But The snow dogs are coming! projected snow in the forecast this week, so I'm going to go shoot a session today and take down the targets for the season. 17 degrees this morning the hi will be 37 this afternoon. I'm grateful to have a place to setup my FT range and shoot (mining claim) and to be able to do some mining all in the same day.
Set the puppies free, as they say. We could use some rain and snow in sunny NorCal.

Set the puppies free, as they say. We could use some rain and snow in sunny NorCal.
Your wish was granted here in Boise!
The snow dogs have gone from nipping at the heels to a full attack mode!
Winter weather advisory in the mountains (where I work) 6-24 inches expected. HI HO, Hi HO! it's off to work I go! 🙃