Sniperqty AirGun

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De6pwY2j_aY

In this video he is doing a comparison between 4 different barrels, three of which are grooved and one smooth one.
He modified his 5.5 cricket with a 52 cm barrel instead of the original 45 cm barrel, he used the same standard cricket barrel. He also increased the power on his cricket, then he tests three shots against the chrono, 1030 fps without changing the hammer setting or the regulator output, he swaps the 52 cm barrel with the standard 45 cm barrel. Tests again and the speed drops to 970 fps, with everything else being the same, the hammer, the pellet and the regulator.
This is why the Edgun matador has higher speed than the cricket, because when they compare they compare the standard Edgun with the standard cricket. The barrel on the standard Edgun is longer than the barrel on the standard cricket. This is for the grooved barrel.

Next part he has 5 barrels 2 for the CZ cricket, a new FX smooth twist, the LW matador and finally the old FX barrel (they used to use a LW rifled barrel) he fits the old rifled barrel on any new FX gun he buys instead of the smooth twist. This is not because the smooth twist is inaccurate but the range at which it is accurate is different (personally I don't get his point).
He then mentions something very interesting, The lands and the grooves on the CZ are the same width, but on the Edgun barrel and the old FX barrel the grooves are wider than the lands. He then explains how the spin stabilizes the pellet. Then an economics lesson and he says that the FX made the smooth twist to be able to compete with the Russian rifles, the Russian laborers are cheaper than the Swedish and they are producing excellent rifles that are cheaper than the European. The FX smooth twist is accurate up to 70 maybe 80 yards but not with the same accuracy as the Edgun and not to the 100-150 yards. People say that Ted has changed to FX, but the problem with FX is the repeatability of that shot that you see on a youtube video. Often times they cannot repeat it. Ted also has to change he is benefiting from the advertisements and from Airguns of Arizona, he is also not saying good things about the FX, I have used all of the FX guns, and made lots of videos and deleted most of them. He also says that he imports and sells FX guns but when it comes to being fair, he can’t cheat people with false statements. He bought some barrels just to cut them and make a comparison. The Edgun barrel, the old FX and the CZ are chocked. They say that the last 10 cm of the smooth twist are grooved? I say the last 4 cm, this is a .25 cal, it is not grooved from the inside there are 4 grooves pressed on the outside. The FX has done this to reduce the price because they cannot build their own barrels to compete with the older and more established ones like CZ and LW, and cannot afford to buy these barrels, so instead they came up with the smooth twist to cut on the coast. The cricket uses the same hammer and different barrel lengths to change the speed of different calibers and sizes, whereas the FX use different valves to change the speeds of their guns. He then says that the FX bobcat vs the cricket .25 at 100 yards, the FX won’t group. When someone asks if the FX is accurate he says it is accurate but it is not a long range rifle. The smooth twist also requires more cleaning than the twisted, unlike what is advertised, and you can test it for yourself shoot 100 pellets from the twisted and 100 from the smooth and check which is cleaner.

I'm not sure I like this guy now but everyone has an opinion or someone backing them to push their product. He has an video out talking about fx wildcat vs the Vulcan but I can't understand a lot and I'm not sure he's giving an unbiased opinion . I wish his info was all translated so I can form my own decision but what I do like is that he goes into depth in which I like but that's not changing my opinion about my fx wildcat that's coming !

Guys, you have to live long enough in Kuwait to have a glimpse of an understanding on the guy. Watching him only in his youtube videos will present nothing much. I was deployed in that part of the world, before and after Desert Storm, and thereabouts. SnyperQty is typical highly opinionated noise in that part of the Persian Gulf.. as we say in the service, "it don't mean nothing". I never shoot airguns there during my deployment though.

I have watched all his videos. He never shot an FX to the range that he does with the Cricket EDgun and Vulcan. If you go through his videos you'll find a 400 yard plus shot with the Cricket. if you ever attempted a shot like that you would known the kind of pre-range work done prior to putting your finger on the trigger. The guy can shoot

The guy may have a strong opinion but that doesn't mean he should be discarded as a sophomore.

"keysersoze"The guy may have a strong opinion but that doesn't mean he should be discarded as a sophomore.
So you make a point to defend someone's shooting credibility who has openly attacked my personal credibility? No one even said the guy couldn't shoot. Do you condone his claims that I am lying to the community because I am "being paid"?

I accept that negative opinions of me exist. And I accept that rumors and untruths exist about me on several other forums. But, I will not sit by and allow any false words about me to persist on the very forum I built.

Status
Not open for further replies.