Brocock/BRK Sniper Magnum XR .22..... Does it shoot slugs?

Never saw anyone complain about Brocock accuracy since Daystate took them over.
Well I have a $2000 Sniper that will not shoot. I can can get better accuracy from a $200 springer. And I have 25 total airguns including RAW, Steyr, , Daystate and Air Arms that will shoot. This thing is a paper weight. I know most accuracy issues are with the shooter but this is not my first rodeo.

Well I have a $2000 Sniper that will not shoot. I can can get better accuracy from a $200 springer. And I have 25 total airguns including RAW, Steyr, , Daystate and Air Arms that will shoot. This thing is a paper weight. I know most accuracy issues are with the shooter but this is not my first rodeo.
have you tried various pellets? What about trying the ones used on the test sheet?

LOL Then you are missing out as the ghost is solid as are several others. But to each their own.
You should see this south Africa dude named Gert Aim small youtube channel, he tested his BRK ghost in .22 cal yesterday with different pelllets and different weights at 50 yards and all the groups were awful at this distance. Also the oem barrel that comes with this airguns don’t like slugs either. And there is another famous youtuber from the states that says exactly the same about this expensive and useless airgun. In fact any of my two pcp my new low budget Avenge-X classic wood stock or my more high end Kaliburgun Cricket II tactical .60 both in .22 cal can do much better groups than this airgun at this same 50 yards distance with the JSB 18 grains pellets. With my cricket tactical I can do sub moa groups at 50 yards with this 18 grains pellets pellets all day long and cost less money than this BRK overpriced ghost. Also when I fill my Kaliburgun 500cc ir tank to 300 bar I can increase his autonomy and shot count to between 125 and 150 per fill tuned to shot the 18 grains pellets to a average speed of 880 fps, something this BRK ghost with his smaller 480cc air tank that only can be filled to 250 bar can’t do either.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MysticalDragon
Sounds to me like you have a bad Brocock. I have many high end airguns also along with a couple Brococks. Never had a problem with my Sniper or Sniper Magnum.
Not sure of you are using a moderator but on mine some work fine and others destroy the accuracy.

You my want to see this south Africa dude named Gert Aim small youtube channel, he tested his BRK ghost in .22 cal yesterday with different pelllets and different weights at 50 yards and all the groups were awful at this distance. Also the oem barrel that comes with this airguns don’t like slugs either. And there is another famous youtuber that says exactly the same about this expensive and useless airgun. In fact any of my two pcp my new low budget Avenge-X classic wood stock or my more high end Kaliburgun Cricket II tactical .60 both in .22 cal can do much better groups than this airgun at this same 50 yards distance with the JSB 18 grains pellets. With my cricket tactical I can do sub moa groups at 50 yards with this 18 grains pellets pellets all day long and cost less money than this BRK overpriced ghost. Also when I fill my Kaliburgun 500cc ir tank to 300 bar I can increase his autonomy and shot count to between 125 and 150 per fill tuned to shot the 18 grains pellets to a average speed of 880 fps, something this ghost with his smaller 480 cc air tank that only can be filled to 250 bar can’t do either.
Every now and then every manufacturer has one that acts up. However there are far more instances of pulling a ghost of of the box and it shooting reliably and accurately. Sometimes some simple tuning with the power wheel or finding a pellet it likes is all thats needed if that. There are plenty of people using ghosts at 50 and 100 yards reliably without having to do much with them.

Last edited:
@Emu I tried FX hybrids in My .25 Bantam Sniper HR and they did ok from what I recall. I can check my records and see what I can dig up if you like. Our rifles are different mine does not have the slingshot hammer system. It shoots pellets well enough for me to not worry about it.

@Tvanpool You’re the second (or third) AGN member I’ve read about over the past couple of years with a similar report on this rifle. Have you searched the AGN forums to see what worked for anyone else having a similar issues?

Last edited:
You should see this south Africa dude named Gert Aim small youtube channel, he tested his BRK ghost in .22 cal yesterday with different pelllets and different weights at 50 yards and all the groups were awful at this distance. Also the oem barrel that comes with this airguns don’t like slugs either. And there is another famous youtuber from the states that says exactly the same about this expensive and useless airgun. In fact any of my two pcp my new low budget Avenge-X classic wood stock or my more high end Kaliburgun Cricket II tactical .60 both in .22 cal can do much better groups than this airgun at this same 50 yards distance with the JSB 18 grains pellets. With my cricket tactical I can do sub moa groups at 50 yards with this 18 grains pellets pellets all day long and cost less money than this BRK overpriced ghost. Also when I fill my Kaliburgun 500cc ir tank to 300 bar I can increase his autonomy and shot count to between 125 and 150 per fill tuned to shot the 18 grains pellets to a average speed of 880 fps, something this BRK ghost with his smaller 480cc air tank that only can be filled to 250 bar can’t do either.
So then why does gert say over and over that he loves the ghost? He wouldnt love it if it wasnt accurate and reliable.

Look at the weather conditions too. It would be hard pressed to shoot tight groups with any rifle in those conditions. He even stated it was howling.

So try again.

I had Bantam Sniper regular not magnum version and wasn't satisfied also.
Bad accuracy Pellets were spiraling.
Also at that price the trigger was not as good as other manufacturers.
Adjustable cheek piece could not adjust high enough for me and plastic stock felt cheaper then lets say Kalibrgun and Agt .
This was my first and last Brocock.

Regards Marko

I had one that came with the LW polygon barrel. The gun itself was great (loved the size and how it handled), but that barrel did not impress me. It became fowled very quickly and had marginal accuracy even with Monster Redesigned pellets. AoA did replace it for me with another polygon barrel which was better but not awesome. I am not a slug shooter and the couple I tried didn't wow me. I don't own the gun any longer.

Oh, I should mention this was the last of the bolt action versions. The sidelever version had just come out.

I will say that this experience didn't scare me away from the brand. I could see myself getting a 177 someday.

Reactions: MysticalDragon
Never saw anyone complain about Brocock accuracy since Daystate took them over.
Same here, all three of mine are solid shooters… Two 7/16” groups at 25 yards, Atomic XR, bipod front, fist as rear bag, CPHPs on left, JSB Exact Jumbo 18s on right. Plenty of good accuracy for small pest to 50+ yards.

IMG_1034.jpeg

Last edited:
I had one that came with the LW polygon barrel. The gun itself was great (loved the size and how it handled), but that barrel did not impress me. It became fowled very quickly and had marginal accuracy even with Monster Redesigned pellets. AoA did replace it for me with another polygon barrel which was better but not awesome. I am not a slug shooter and the couple I tried didn't wow me. I don't own the gun any longer.

Oh, I should mention this was the last of the bolt action versions. The sidelever version had just come out.

I will say that this experience didn't scare me away from the brand. I could see myself getting a 177 someday.
What did the internal of that LW Poly look like.? Reason I ask is because I run one in .30 & its has been lapped . They should foul less then conventional land/groove combo's. I run slugs & pellets in mine too with very little fouling. I would have someone prep a poly for ya next time if you revisit them. I can do .75 at 100 with one on mild days. with 44's or 50's
Joe

Reactions: cavedweller