Sneak Peek at the DonnyFl RYU and YOKOZUNA

With the permission from Donny we would like to put a few rumors to rest. Yes DonnyFl is still making silencers for airguns and has been selling them outside the USA for a while. Due to the issues they have had, that we have all heard about and we are not going to go over again, there have been a few products that have been ready for release but have been held back.

We were able to talk with Donny and the crew last week and get our hands on two of the newest silencers they are making. With great enthusiasm and honor we would like to introduce the RYU and the YOKOZUNA
View attachment 376223
These are both Aluminum made user adjustable silencers that are quick disconnect. Both units use the same barrel attachment system. They have the 1/2x20 threads that will screw on to any air rifle currently. With the Tri-Lug design you are able to match up the dimple on lower unit with the set screw on the mount. A Multi wave compression spring keeps tension on the unit, then a simple twist and the unit is secured and you have a solid lock up. With the two we currently have we are able to use the same mount for either of the silnecers.

View attachment 376224

View attachment 376225

A look at the break down of the two silencers. Again the YOKOZUNA on top and the RYU on the bottom. The threads are very smooth and there is no apparent grittyness or roughness when tightening the parts. Each baffle has an o-ring on it to help seal the unit and keep things snug, while still maintaining the ability to take down easily. There will be the opportunity to add baffles to the silencers in the future, so you can customize each unit to your needs at any given time. There was talk as well about the possibility of having adapters being made for other silencers on the market right now. There was no time line mentioned about this part, but they are working on it.

We have been able to shoot both of these unit for a little bit and we are quite impressed. We have been shooting both of the silencers on the FX Panthera 700mm in 22 cal tuned to shoot the Javelin 34 grain slugs at 960 fps. Between the YOKOZUNA and the RYU to my ears there is a difference in the tone and pitch, but both are very quiet and able to tame the bark from the Panthera. The most impressive aspect to these silencers is going to be the price. Donny is looking at getting these under $200, because as Donny said "I want to be fair". And honestly a silencer of this quality for under $200 is a great deal and extremely fair.

View attachment 376227View attachment 376228

There is plenty of things happening and getting done down at the DonnyFl shop. So don't worry about them going anywhere soon there is plenty more to come out from the guys in Florida.

We want to thank Donny for allowing us the chance to do a quick write up and a small review for you guys. You can be sure we will be carrying both of these silencers here in the shop, as well as any accessories for them as well. If there are any questions about these please ask and we will do our best to answer what we can.

Thanks guys!
With the permission from Donny we would like to put a few rumors to rest. Yes DonnyFl is still making silencers for airguns and has been selling them outside the USA for a while. Due to the issues they have had, that we have all heard about and we are not going to go over again, there have been a few products that have been ready for release but have been held back.

We were able to talk with Donny and the crew last week and get our hands on two of the newest silencers they are making. With great enthusiasm and honor we would like to introduce the RYU and the YOKOZUNA
View attachment 376223
These are both Aluminum made user adjustable silencers that are quick disconnect. Both units use the same barrel attachment system. They have the 1/2x20 threads that will screw on to any air rifle currently. With the Tri-Lug design you are able to match up the dimple on lower unit with the set screw on the mount. A Multi wave compression spring keeps tension on the unit, then a simple twist and the unit is secured and you have a solid lock up. With the two we currently have we are able to use the same mount for either of the silnecers.

View attachment 376224

View attachment 376225

A look at the break down of the two silencers. Again the YOKOZUNA on top and the RYU on the bottom. The threads are very smooth and there is no apparent grittyness or roughness when tightening the parts. Each baffle has an o-ring on it to help seal the unit and keep things snug, while still maintaining the ability to take down easily. There will be the opportunity to add baffles to the silencers in the future, so you can customize each unit to your needs at any given time. There was talk as well about the possibility of having adapters being made for other silencers on the market right now. There was no time line mentioned about this part, but they are working on it.

We have been able to shoot both of these unit for a little bit and we are quite impressed. We have been shooting both of the silencers on the FX Panthera 700mm in 22 cal tuned to shoot the Javelin 34 grain slugs at 960 fps. Between the YOKOZUNA and the RYU to my ears there is a difference in the tone and pitch, but both are very quiet and able to tame the bark from the Panthera. The most impressive aspect to these silencers is going to be the price. Donny is looking at getting these under $200, because as Donny said "I want to be fair". And honestly a silencer of this quality for under $200 is a great deal and extremely fair.

There is plenty of things happening and getting done down at the DonnyFl shop. So don't worry about them going anywhere soon there is plenty more to come out from the guys in Florida.

We want to thank Donny for allowing us the chance to do a quick write up and a small review for you guys. You can be sure we will be carrying both of these silencers here in the shop, as well as any accessories for them as well. If there are any questions about these please ask and we will do our best to answer what we can.

Thanks guys!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me Donny is going to make one in .357. I would love to put it on my custom M3

These really do look sweet, and look like they are upping their internals game. People can say what they want about paying for looks, but I’ve come to the conclusion that you might as well pay for looks when it comes to moderators.

I have tried a bunch of moderators, from just the old hollow can on the Impact to fancy internals like there are on STO, and many times the sound difference between them so was negligible, it didn’t matter what I used. I liked the hollow can on an old Impact more than I liked ones made from 3 or 4 popular manufacturers. More often, accuracy choice has won out. People get on here and ask where is your sound test, but I haven’t found a sound test to be necessary in any comparison I’ve done to choose which I like better. The loudness, has been so close, it has never been a deciding factor. (Each user has their own needs.) I usually just tell people now to get the one they like the looks best on or the one that is most consistent.

YOKOZUNA measures at 1.6" (40.66 mm)

RYU measures at 1.20" (30.47 mm)
Nice!
I’m looking to replace the snipe on my impact with the ryu. In my experience, the behemoth I have on my Leshiy was quieter than the DonnyFL shroud plus ronin combo. I think it may be due to the design of the baffles or the sections of the behemoth. Looks like the ryu has a similar design but with a cone design. Can’t wait to try one.
Gabe

View attachment 376223

View attachment 376224

View attachment 376225

Thanks guys!
Please tell us about that carbon barrel shroud

I guess BULLET CENTRAL it just won't sink in. They are air rifle moderators not silencers. Suppressors/ silencers are made for powder burners.The ignorant and misinformed will see silencer and have a opinion on it being used to make the air rifle quiet and more deadly or possibly buying one to retrofit on a powder burner. You know the same experts who call magazines, clips. Those HELL bent on drawing attention to themselves, usually get what they ask for....and regret it.

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
I guess BULLET CENTRAL it just won't sink in. They are air rifle moderators not silencers. Suppressors/ silencers are made for powder burners.The ignorant and misinformed will see silencer and have a opinion on it being used to make the air rifle quiet and more deadly or possibly buying one to retrofit on a powder burner. You know the same experts who call magazines, clips. Those HELL bent on drawing attention to themselves, usually get what they ask for....and regret it.
We could call them a brick.... and guess what people will still understand what they are. You guys are arguing semantics and nothing more. Don't like the wording then call it what you want and get over it.

We could call them a brick.... and guess what people will still understand what they are. You guys are arguing semantics and nothing more. Don't like the wording then call it what you want and get over it.
WE now live in a world where perception is everything. Truth or actual facts don't matter. ALL it takes is the right person to perceive an opinion.....and the battle is on. Using the word moderator for air rifles changes the perception of silencer/suppressor. It's not semantics, it's a fact. Those who know what they are, know what they are. But those who don't...have their BUZZ words that draw their attention, that's another fact.
Look no farther than the term assault rifle.
NEVER underestimate the ignorance of people in large numbers.

WE now live in a world where perception is everything. Truth or actual facts don't matter. ALL it takes is the right person to perceive an opinion.....and the battle is on. Using the word moderator for air rifles changes the perception of silencer/suppressor. It's not semantics, it's a fact. Those who know what they are, know what they are. But those who don't...have their BUZZ words that draw their attention, that's another fact.
Look no farther than the term assault rifle.
NEVER underestimate the ignorance of people in large numbers.
Per your own admission it doesn't matter what you call something, "ALL it takes is the right person to perceive an opinion.......and the battle is on." There you go YOUR OWN WORDS...... It doesn't matter what you call it, a silencer, brick, pickle, LDC, sponge, or a flipersnooker. It doesn't matter as people will make a judgment anyway.

"Assault Rifle" is a made up term that was coined by a certain political group to try and bring a bad look to a certain group. Sorry but has nothing to do with your statement.

Sorry but get off your high horse and move on. Your opinion was noted and we can all have a difference of opinion.

Ryu I believe is what the KOI grows into. In Japanese mythology I believe.

The Yokozuna mabe something similar but will reach out to Donny and ask.

The packages that these come in as well are stunning. The little logos on the outside, and then the artwork inside the RYU box is great. These look much better than your typical red tube the older units came in.

As far as the wording......silencer, shroud, muffler, etc. We all use different words for the same thing. Let's all calm down and enjoy the product, and help answer questions. Don't like the wording that is fine, we all don't have to like the same things.

I get what your saying Richieg, honestly I truly do. I have seen people twist and turn things into completely different things because they wanted to. I have started to say to hell with those people and just talk. If people truly want to ban something or be upset...they will.

But I do understand what your saying. But enough with this in this thread. PM me if you want man, again nothing personal and no harm done!

Reactions: Richieg