Sneak Peek at the DonnyFl RYU and YOKOZUNA

Don't be the word police. Not your job not in your job description. If I want to use silencer I will use the word and you do not have and never will have the authority to refuse me that right.

If you don't like the use of that word feel free to report any post that you find it in.

Censorship is a problem these days. Don't make yourself part of the problem.

Get used to it if I want to call it a silencer I will. I build them they are silencers. They are moderators. I will call it what I want. You will either live with that or get management to make me not.

Was that clear enough for you?
You are being foolish with this. Its NOT censorship :eyeroll: . Its asking people to use the correct terminology to help prevent the infringements that we DO NOT want.

Besides the term silencer is a hollywood bs and misnomer. You use that with the unknowing public and they immediately think of completely silent shots that they see in hollywood. Worse yet is they get this image after learning how powerful and far that airguns have come.

Its just common sense and responsibility to the hobby to use the correct term.

You are making the mistake of assuming that you have no control over the future.

No probably not familiar with the court cases and this is your opinion. Your opinion does not give you the right to censor my speech my use of words is my choice it is not your choice.

You are entitled to disapprove. And that is the extent of your rights with respect to my speech. If you don't understand that moved to a third world crap hole spend a little bit of time there and you'll figure it out.

You don't like the direction things are going? Grow a pair and do what is necessary to fix that problem.

It's whiners like you that will have me using "silencer" rather than using "moderator" which is probably a more accurate term.

Now I'm going to ignore you and I'm going to block you. I will give you a taste of that for which you advocate.

That is telling people what words they can use and they can't use.

You'll still be able to stay what you want but you won't be able to reply to my posts or see them.
dang dude why the hostile attitude? seems like you need to grab a beer and relax tonight.

Just because you can say something doesnt mean that you should.

Its about being responsible to help limit infringements into this hobby that we enjoy and want to grow.

dang dude why the hostile attitude? seems like you need to grab a beer and relax tonight.

Just because you can say something doesnt mean that you should.

Its about being responsible to help limit infringements into this hobby that we enjoy and want to grow.
Sorry but you and I disagree about how basic human rights need to be maintained.

So far the evidence indicates that those who do not protect their rights inevitably loose them AND NO AMMOUNT OF ACCOMODATION OR APPEASEMENT OR COWARDICE can prevent that.

So live with it.

It ain't your job and it ain't in your job description to make policy on this forum, neither is it mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: balver
Sorry but you and I disagree about how basic human rights need to be maintained.

So far the evidence indicates that those who do not protect their rights inevitably loose them AND NO AMMOUNT OF ACCOMODATION OR APPEASEMENT OR COWARDICE can prevent that.

So live with it.

Last time I bother with a reply on this. It ain't your job and it ain't in your job description to make policy on this forum, neither is it mine.
You do realize nothing about this is censorship as you claim right? I'm absolutely blown away by the over the top reactions you had with me, and being critical of two others about comments they made months ago. I hope you were just having a bad night and morning and that it gets better.

What myself and others were asking for is to use the correct terminology and to use some common sense when discussing such things.

Also fyi, freedom of speech only pertains to the government limiting it, NOT anyone or anywhere else.

Reactions: Aimright
You do realize nothing about this is censorship as you claim right? I'm absolutely blown away by the over the top reactions you had with me, and being critical of two others about comments they made months ago. I hope you were just having a bad night and morning and that it gets better.
Frankly I don't give a damn what you think. I don't care if you're blown away by my reaction. There's nothing in the forum rules that requires you to not be blown away by my opinion. So the best thing for you to do is choose to live with it or report it. Trying to debate with me is at least as big a waste of time as trying to debate with you.
What myself and others were asking for is to use the correct terminology and to use some common sense when discussing such things.
Your common sense is my censorship. I don't care what you're asking for. As I said it's not your job and it's not in your job description to decide what terminology I use to describe a silencer. Literally because of you I'm going to stop using the word moderator and start using the word silencer. How's that for unintended consequences?
Also fyi, freedom of speech only pertains to the government limiting it, NOT anyone or anywhere else.
And for your information it doesn't just apply to the government. The Constitution is a contract between you and me and the government and it establishes my rights and your rights and the government's rights. I can't help it if you don't understand how it works but it's like this neither you nor the government have the right to censor my speech or to proscribe what words I must use or may not use.

It's kind of like you demanding that I call you she or her. You don't get to require me to say certain words or to not say certain words.

Until I am told otherwise by someone who has the authority to do that and you do not I will be using the word silencer to describe the devices that I build. I build air gun silencers.
:rolleyes:🤡

Last edited:
He isnt. Those that keep using silencer will do so around the unknowing public and before too long we will catch the wrath and infringements that we dont want. We had a clueless manufacturer here calling them that and I called them out for it. Besides silencers are a misnomer and even for firearms they are an incorrect term.

When I got back into paintball in 2005 the first thing I looked for was suppressors for them. I had used them ten years earlier and had won matches because of them. Sadly the alphabet agencies had stepped and stopped it and screwed it up.

The more we use the incorrect terminology the more that it will be used and the sooner this will be infringed upon.
I have to disagree on pretty much every point you used to make your argument. As you probably know, ”silencer“ is the term used in the patent application that Maxim filed when he supposedly invented the firearm muffler that our moderators emulate. While it may not truly represent what they do, it’s at least not incorrect when referring to what they are. I’ll admit though that it’s splitting hairs here but there is at least a legitimate reason for referring to them as silencers.
I actually have more trouble with your other point and the specific scenario you chose to make it. Paintball is an example of what NOT to do when we discuss this subject. Like you, I made my own “silencer” in the early days of paintbal. I first played in 1984 or 85, but started playing almost every weekend in 1986. I continued to be heavily involved in paintball until 2008, including traveling extensively as a touring tech for Bob Long (love and thanks to AGN member Cloudrider for giving me the opportunity!) during what was the absolute peak years of tournament paintball. To say I’ve seen paintball evolve is an understatement. So back in 86 when/after I built myself and teammates silencers for our guns, we heard all the scary stories concerning their legality. Rather than discuss, investigate, and fight, we just put them all away. So did pretty much the rest of paintball. Now admittedly, paintball evolved away from the woods and camo and turned into something that had little place for those old PVC silencers, but woodsball and scenario paintball exists still today. Know what doesn’t? Paintball silencers, moderator, or mufflers. Why do you suppose that is when almost all of our airguns have them? It’s undoubtedly because they were treated as taboo and things we weren’t supposed to talk about. On our air guns these things are permissible and accepted not because we hide them away and don’t talk about them, but because we DO keep them out in the open and we DO talk about them. I promise it’s not because calling them a moderator or LDC has helped them “fly under the radar”. Further, the more mainstream these devices are, the less taboo they seem, and THAT is the key to keeping them in our hands. To the uninitiated they are “silencers” and it’s counterproductive to give them the impression that they are permissible only because they are some other thing. I say call it a silencer if you’re inclined to do so because it invites discussion and education. For instance, I typically refer to my firearms suppressors as suppressors only when I’m discussing them with knowledgable folks, and make it a point to call them silencers in front of the less knowledgeable. This way I’m more likely to to be able to explain how they’re not illegal, how you don’t have to possess a “license” to own them, how they suppress and not silence a gunshot, and why they SHOULD NOT BE REGULATED.

With the permission from Donny we would like to put a few rumors to rest. Yes DonnyFl is still making silencers for airguns and has been selling them outside the USA for a while. Due to the issues they have had, that we have all heard about and we are not going to go over again, there have been a few products that have been ready for release but have been held back.

We were able to talk with Donny and the crew last week and get our hands on two of the newest silencers they are making. With great enthusiasm and honor we would like to introduce the RYU and the YOKOZUNA
View attachment 376223
These are both Aluminum made user adjustable silencers that are quick disconnect. Both units use the same barrel attachment system. They have the 1/2x20 threads that will screw on to any air rifle currently. With the Tri-Lug design you are able to match up the dimple on lower unit with the set screw on the mount. A Multi wave compression spring keeps tension on the unit, then a simple twist and the unit is secured and you have a solid lock up. With the two we currently have we are able to use the same mount for either of the silnecers.

View attachment 376224

View attachment 376225

A look at the break down of the two silencers. Again the YOKOZUNA on top and the RYU on the bottom. The threads are very smooth and there is no apparent grittyness or roughness when tightening the parts. Each baffle has an o-ring on it to help seal the unit and keep things snug, while still maintaining the ability to take down easily. There will be the opportunity to add baffles to the silencers in the future, so you can customize each unit to your needs at any given time. There was talk as well about the possibility of having adapters being made for other silencers on the market right now. There was no time line mentioned about this part, but they are working on it.

We have been able to shoot both of these unit for a little bit and we are quite impressed. We have been shooting both of the silencers on the FX Panthera 700mm in 22 cal tuned to shoot the Javelin 34 grain slugs at 960 fps. Between the YOKOZUNA and the RYU to my ears there is a difference in the tone and pitch, but both are very quiet and able to tame the bark from the Panthera. The most impressive aspect to these silencers is going to be the price. Donny is looking at getting these under $200, because as Donny said "I want to be fair". And honestly a silencer of this quality for under $200 is a great deal and extremely fair.

View attachment 376227View attachment 376228

There is plenty of things happening and getting done down at the DonnyFl shop. So don't worry about them going anywhere soon there is plenty more to come out from the guys in Florida.

We want to thank Donny for allowing us the chance to do a quick write up and a small review for you guys. You can be sure we will be carrying both of these silencers here in the shop, as well as any accessories for them as well. If there are any questions about these please ask and we will do our best to answer what we can.

Thanks guys!
Looks like a great system

Bull hockey. Don't be the "Word Police", not your job. Not in your job description. The moderators and the forum owner decide which words to ban, not you, not me. They also decide what pictures to allow, what things can be discussed and how we have to behave, not you, not me.
They finally did. I guess because nobody would listen to the “Word Police”.

Been a while since I cruised this thread. Looks like someone’s “telling” me what my job is and isn’t, when all I did was “kindly” ask not to come down on a member for pointing something out that “WE” or most of “WE” used to police and that was the discussion of moderation additions. It wasn’t a written rule, you just were told not to refer cans as the S word. I’m a rule follower. I don’t own or run the forum. But when a moderator tells me to NOT use the S word I follow the rules.

Please don’t tell me what my job is or my job description as you don’t even know what I’m all about.

When people come on these threads sticking out what chest they think they have(more than likely cocktail driven behind a keyboard), I take note, as I know others do, on who not to help when they ask for advice or assistance on something. Everyone is gonna need assistance some time, this is why we’re here in the first place.
But you, buddy, have hung your own rope.

Oh, I’ll do my due diligence and get right back on topic- very cool innovation on the QD of the LDC to the gun. I’ve met Donny in person, and for those of you that haven’t, he truly is a sharp cat. Very impressed with his offerings. Unfortunately I’m LDC heavy right now, got a couple of Donnys offerings, a few Huggets, and recently a STO Falx and the Huma big boy. Sound suppression is second to me. The accuracy I get once I put one on comes first, as any moderator, will change not only the accuracy, but consistency of accuracy

Oh, I’ll do my due diligence and get right back on topic- very cool innovation on the QD of the LDC to the gun. I’ve met Donny in person, and for those of you that haven’t, he truly is a sharp cat. Very impressed with his offerings. Unfortunately I’m LDC heavy right now, got a couple of Donnys offerings, a few Huggets, and recently a STO Falx and the Huma big boy. Sound suppression is second to me. The accuracy I get once I put one on comes first, as any moderator, will change not only the accuracy, but consistency of accuracy
How are you liking the FALX? Have an IA 1350, and that was on my radar as a possible replacement.

How are you liking the FALX? Have an IA 1350, and that was on my radar as a possible replacement.
I like it a lot! Member Revoman was awesome to offer his up for trade, and in the we each got something we’re both happy with
This was shot with the Falx-
IMG_8496.jpeg

Frankly I don't give a damn what you think. I don't care if you're blown away by my reaction. There's nothing in the forum rules that requires you to not be blown away by my opinion. So the best thing for you to do is choose to live with it or report it. Trying to debate with me is at least as big a waste of time as trying to debate with you.

Your common sense is my censorship. I don't care what you're asking for. As I said it's not your job and it's not in your job description to decide what terminology I use to describe a silencer. Literally because of you I'm going to stop using the word moderator and start using the word silencer. How's that for unintended consequences?

And for your information it doesn't just apply to the government. The Constitution is a contract between you and me and the government and it establishes my rights and your rights and the government's rights. I can't help it if you don't understand how it works but it's like this neither you nor the government have the right to censor my speech or to proscribe what words I must use or may not use.

It's kind of like you demanding that I call you she or her. You don't get to require me to say certain words or to not say certain words.

Until I am told otherwise by someone who has the authority to do that and you do not I will be using the word silencer to describe the devices that I build. I build air gun silencers.
:rolleyes:🤡
I normally stay out of these kind of discussions. But I have to just say,we all need to stick together to keep this sport/hobby free to be enjoyed by who or whom ever want to. Let’s not fight among each other over words or phrases. But concentrate our power of unity toward the figures that threaten to stop or hinder our enjoyment. I know words are powerful,and it can be easy to be offended by what is said. But it all boils down to just that, words. We are all free to express our opinions of what we feel is right. But please, let’s not fight. At the end of the day we like punching holes in paper or removing tree rats or other pest. That’s what we enjoy, and we should not be slinging lead at each other bc of what someone said. Ok I’m done with it, I just hate to see others upset with over words. We got bigger fish to fry in this world. Let’s try to get along, and just shoot…Grass Oh, PS, I’ll keep my statements to myself from now on. But I hate to see fellow member bicker. I mean no offense to anyone here. Thanks Grass.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT